Options

Football

Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
Oh, and TM, nice avatar....even though I am celebrating our 3rd title in 4 years, back to back and all, I'm still a Titans fans as well, thanks to Steve "Air" McNair, even though he's getting old a bit now....)
i remain, he who remains to be....

Comments

• Options
    TranscenderMichaelTranscenderMichael Member Posts: 187
    Ricka182 wrote:
    Oh, and TM, nice avatar....even though I am celebrating our 3rd title in 4 years, back to back and all, I'm still a Titans fans as well, thanks to Steve "Air" McNair, even though he's getting old a bit now....)

So you're a Patriots fan first, Titans fan second? Good deal! :) I like the Pats - their team reminds me of how the '99 Titans team was (and, actually, how the team still is) - a bunch of guys who just do their job and get it done without a bunch of overdone flashiness.

Steve's a great quarterback and an ironman as well. I loved watching him terrorize teams with his running ability. He's been focusing on his passing game the past couple of years - I can't blame him, because he won't be able to do those QB keeper plays well into his 30s; he's gonna have to rely on that arm more and more.

Neil O'Donnell was a great backup QB, now retired - he was asked last year by the Steelers to come back to them, but Neil declined, instead accepting a job with the CBS affiliate here in Nashville. Our current backup QB, Billy Volek, is pretty good - time will tell if he turns out to be a hidden jewel like Tom Brady.
    TranscenderMichael (at hotmail.com)
    MCSE+I, MCDST, MCDBA, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CNE, CCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, A+
    Kaplan IT
    Powering Transcender and Self Test Software
    Served proudly, USArmy, 98C, '89-'92
  • Options
    BinaryBagboyBinaryBagboy Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey TM..... I flushed you out to help over here in the discussion about your Transcenders. If I'd have known you were gonna strat blurbing crap about yer Titan's.....well.....I'd of left ya where ya were. icon_wink.gif Thanx for swinging by.

Da Bears....!!!! :)
  • Options
    DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    I like Billy Volek. Boy has got an arm on him. He's still young though, saw him make a lot of mistakes. (I'm personally a Bears fan, but I spend most of the weekend during football season in Chattanooga, so I have to deal with Titan fans ;))
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
    =[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
    ==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
    =CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=
  • Options
    Hey TM..... I flushed you out to help over here in the discussion about your Transcenders. If I'd have known you were gonna strat blurbing crap about yer Titan's.....well.....I'd of left ya where ya were. icon_wink.gif Thanx for swinging by.

Da Bears....!!!! :)

Blah, blah, blah... :D

Hey, why aren't you a Pats fan, Mr. Massachusetts? Aren't the Bears a little far away for you?
    MCSE+I, MCDST, MCDBA, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CNE, CCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, A+
    Kaplan IT
  • Options
    I like Billy Volek. Boy has got an arm on him. He's still young though, saw him make a lot of mistakes. (I'm personally a Bears fan, but I spend most of the weekend during football season in Chattanooga, so I have to deal with Titan fans ;))

My best friend (who also works at Transcender) is from Chattaboogie. My next door neighbor is from Chicago - Bears fan, Cubs fan. Can't blame him. :)

I'll let you know when I'm down in your neck of the woods. :)
    Kaplan IT
  • Options
    [quote="TranscenderMichael
    Blah, blah, blah... :D

Hey, why aren't you a Pats fan, Mr. Massachusetts? Aren't the Bears a little far away for you?[/quote]

Born & Raised in Chi-Town. So I'm one of those lifetime fans win/lose/draw. Pats fans STILL can't talk to "me" bout their team cuz I'll just throw Superbowl XX right back at-em.

Now I gotta get over the fact that those useless Cubs traded Sossa.

I'll always be a Chi-town Dude.
  • Options
    Born & Raised in Chi-Town. So I'm one of those lifetime fans win/lose/draw. Pats fans STILL can't talk to "me" bout their team cuz I'll just throw Superbowl XX right back at-em.

Now I gotta get over the fact that those useless Cubs traded Sossa.

I'll always be a Chi-town Dude.

So you must like the Titans coach, Jeff Fisher, eh? ;)

I like the Cubs... they've got my favorite pitcher (again), Doc Maddux (Braves fan, here).
    Kaplan IT
  • Options
    At least the Patriots didn't do the Jim McMahon rainbow dance.......Although, I feel bad for Brian Urlacher, he is wicked good, and he's stuck on a team that sucks right now. You can have XX, we'll take XXXVI, XXXVIII, and Oh yeah, this year too.....woo-hoo...

I do like the Cubs too, Wrigley is great a park, but Sosa trade was a mistake.....didn't get enough for him.....
  • Options
    Ricka182 wrote:
    At least the Patriots didn't do the Jim McMahon rainbow dance.......Although, I feel bad for Brian Urlacher, he is wicked good, and he's stuck on a team that sucks right now. You can have XX, we'll take XXXVI, XXXVIII, and Oh yeah, this year too.....woo-hoo...

I do like the Cubs too, Wrigley is great a park, but Sosa trade was a mistake.....didn't get enough for him.....

That cut me deep.......Mannnnn...!!!!!! Nah, you Pats fans deserve it. Add to that the Bosox. Just a damn shame there's no hockey this year. Be sumptin if the Bruins made it all the way. Then a body wouldn't be able to shut a New Englander up icon_wink.gif BTW: Urlacher is just another awesome linebacker in the history of the Bears. Be nice to see him side/side with Bruschi (?)

Anyways....nuff sport talk for me in this thread lest the powers come down on us for hosing a good thread.

Thanx again TM for swinging by. Give everyone a little insight from someone who would know.
  • Options
    DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    Well, Urlacher shouldn't be too pissed, the D isn't the problem, it's pretty solid. Offense just can't do crap with the ball /grumble. Grossman needs a swift kick in the ass. It's alright though, Lovie will get it turned around.
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
    =[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
    ==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
    =CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=
  • Options
    Ricka182 wrote:
    Yeah, they were just talkin about us on PTI on ESPN.

Man, I miss Mr. Tony's radio show. Wish he'd come back on the air.
    Kaplan IT
  • Options
    I wish I had Espn radio. Don't get me wrong, the local sports guys up here are great, but they are incredibly biased, and for someone who likes more than just local teams....
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
  • Options
    /usr wrote:
    Baseball.... sleeping.gif

Until you win the world series.....
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    All the time for me, along with other sports. I never really have been one to like sports, they just don't appeal to me.

Except for Ohio State football. Being at the game last year and watching them stomp Michigan was priceless. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    Off-topic for a second here...Hey TM, did you hear about Norm Chow, the new OC for the Titans from USC...could be a new start........
  • Options
    Ricka182 wrote:
    Off-topic for a second here...Hey TM, did you hear about Norm Chow, the new OC for the Titans from USC...could be a new start........

I liked Heimerdinger, but perhaps it is time to get a new offensive spark. Hope Chow and McNair mesh well together. :)
    Kaplan IT
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Hate the patriots.