Options

MMC groups and users "Access Denied"

Hello Everyone...

Im getting a message of access denied in one of the machines in the domain...

I have access to most machines via mmc console but when I try to connect to a specific machine in the domain it says access denied.

Im using Win2k3 domain, and the machine that does not let me access is a winXP machine.
Im a domain admin, and Ive checked to see if I was an administrator on the Groups account and I am, besides since Im a domain admin by default I am a local machine admin...

Another thing is that also the user has amdin privileges in the local machine only...

What could it be?? is it a service? help me out... thank you

Comments

• Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    You are referring to connecting through the mmc to the system, right? Check the firewall and make sure that there are exceptions for remote administration, or even try taking down the firewall on the system entirely. Make sure that WMI can communicate with the system.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    maumercadomaumercado Member Posts: 163
    Hello undomiel...

Ive taken the firewall down all the way... and nothing... still access denied, and yes Im talking about connecting with mmc to the system in order to administer it remotely...

Now I have another PC that does not let me connect through remote desktop even when Im one of the remote desktop users... and firewall down as well

Gosh Im getting weird errors...
  • Options
    mr2nutmr2nut Member Posts: 269
    Can you get into the mmc console when sitting directly on the PC?
  • Options
    JBrownJBrown Member Posts: 308
    maumercado wrote: »
    Hello undomiel...

Ive taken the firewall down all the way... and nothing... still access denied, and yes Im talking about connecting with mmc to the system in order to administer it remotely...

Right click on the mmc and select "Run as.." and run as the current user, un-check the restricted access check box. I know, you logged in as the domain admin but give it a try, it should work.
    maumercado wrote: »
    Now I have another PC that does not let me connect through remote desktop even when Im one of the remote desktop users... and firewall down as well

Gosh Im getting weird errors...
    Double check if remote desktop is enabled on the PC and/if GPO does not disable the Remote desktop option for that workstation.

Dang, did not pay attention to the post date ;