R.a.i.d.

veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
Does anyone what RAID will be covered on the test? I looked up the objectives and doesn't seem to mention which will on the test. I figured originally that it would only be 0,1, and 5. My ExamCram book is covering every derivative though. YIKES! I am not sure how concerned I should be about it...

Comments

• DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    The objectiives for RAID are in the context of: "Explain redundancy planning and its components."

With that in mind, you really only need to know about 1, 5, and 10. Since RAID 0 doesn't really provide any redundancy and the RAIDs between 1 and 5 and between 5 and 10 aren't used, you don't really need them.

RAID 10 can actually be 1+0 or 0+1, but these differences are well beyond the technical details needed for Security+.

HTH,

Darril Gibson
    Author: CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead
    www.sy0-201.com
    Security+ Blogs
    www.syo-201.com/blogs

Security+ Tip of day Tweets
    twitter.com/DarrilGibson

Does anyone what RAID will be covered on the test? I looked up the objectives and doesn't seem to mention which will on the test. I figured originally that it would only be 0,1, and 5. My ExamCram book is covering every derivative though. YIKES! I am not sure how concerned I should be about it...
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Darril wrote: »
    The objectiives for RAID are in the context of: "Explain redundancy planning and its components."

With that in mind, you really only need to know about 1, 5, and 10. Since RAID 0 doesn't really provide any redundancy and the RAIDs between 1 and 5 and between 5 and 10 aren't used, you don't really need them.

RAID 10 can actually be 1+0 or 0+1, but these differences are well beyond the technical details needed for Security+.

HTH,

Darril Gibson
    Author: CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead
    www.sy0-201.com
    Security+ Blogs
    www.syo-201.com/blogs

Security+ Tip of day Tweets
    twitter.com/DarrilGibson

Thanks Darril, that really helps.