Passed Network +

tomo2tomo2 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone, today i passed my network + N10-004 exam with a score of

I would like to thank everyone for their contributions to this fine domain and to thank the adminstrators/designers and contributors for making this possible. These forums and tech notes pushed me in the right direction to passing my exam, with the help if mike meyers all in one 2009 edition, and cbt nuggets videos. Again thank you so much.

Btw my next step i have now chosen to study the networking security area, however i feel confident i could start with a cisco course, so if anyone has any ideas in mind they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again icon_cheers.gif

Comments

• mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! icon_cheers.gif
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nice job on the pass. Are you going to do the security+ next? It would be a good foundation cert for you.
  • BulletzBulletz Member Posts: 159
    Congrats on the pass! N+ is not a joke...
    Show me the way to go 127.0.0.1
  • human151human151 Member Posts: 208
    imo, the best career path if you to go into network security is get your CCNA, then CCNP, then CCSP. in that order.

That way you'll know network security and also be able to operate routers & switches on a professional level.
    Welcome to the desert of the real.

BSCI in Progress...

Cisco LAB: 1x 2509
    1X2621
    1x1721
    2x2950
    1x3550 EMI
  • Geek1969Geek1969 Member Posts: 100 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good job on the pass!!
    I agree with human151, but add the CCNA-Security as it is now a pre-req for CCSP. That is my path also. As far as a Cisco class goes, it depends on what kind of learner you are. I completed the Cisco Networking Academy at the local Community College, but thought it progressed very slowly. Reviewing material and getting ready for ICND1 next month. Check Amazon for Lammle & Odom books (make sure they are the 802 version)and explore Cisco's Training site. I also highly recommend CBT Nuggets for CISCO. Jeremy is an awesome teacher.
    WIP:
    ROUTE
  • tomo2tomo2 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thank you all so much for your feedback it is much appreciated, i am going to go the CCNA route as that was going to be my next step to begin with. Also what do you recommend, either simulators or the actual equipment for labs, plus any ideas or uk links for renting/purchasing would be of great help. Many thanks.
  • bgrablinbgrablin Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Pass is a pass, Great Job. Study up on the stuff you missed.
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
    -General George S. Patton

My Site | Face
  • REID8968REID8968 Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on pass, and good luck on Cisco cert. I'll be watching to see how it goes for you!
  • lineline Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□