Passed 298 MCSE & :SEC DONE!!!!

Finally I am "done" my MCSE certification!
It took 1 year and 1 week to get all the exams done. I had originally had it booked for last week but had to reschedule to make room for an ISF certification course for work.
I (just)passed with a (not-so)perfect 700! My score for this exam is proportional to the amount of study time I did in the last couple weeks. With everything going on my motivation to study for this last exam wasn't quite what it should have been.
You get 2 hours to do this exam and I was quite shocked to see that it is divided up between the testlets. I almost ran out of time for the first testlet, as I didn't notice that I only had 15 minutes for the reading and the questions, so I was taking my time through the first reading. I think I totally bombed the 2nd testlet as the other 3 seemed straight forward and to the point.
I can't really say that I used the Transcender and Sybex book I bought, as I barely studied for this exam, everything is review so I felt confident enough to tackle this one.
I plan on taking out the Windows 7 exam before December 1st so I can get the join the CM club. In the new year I plan on getting my CCNA, upgrading my MCSE to MCITP:EA, and possibly MCSE:Messaging.
I am going to do a quick review of all the exams just to refresh all the MCSE material before I move on.

Thanks to everyone at TE these forums ROCK!! :)

Comments

• RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    700? I don't see that score on your certificate! icon_wink.gif As far as I know you took a 1000!

Welcome to the club and congratulations!!!
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    700 is much more difficult to achieve IMHO icon_cool.gif

Congrats!
  • randsmountneyrandsmountney Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good on you! Congrats on the pass. I am going to tackle this one next.
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    one of the rare instances when 700=1000 :D I am happy and jealous at the same time icon_lol.gif

congrats!!!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • murdatapesmurdatapes Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congratulations

:D
    Next up
    CIW Web Foundations Associatef(Knock out some certs before WGU)
    ITIL Intermediate Service Operations
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nice work, congrats!
  • msnelgrovemsnelgrove Member Posts: 167
    There is something prestigious about a 700 score :p
    The 700 club is very exclusive, and elusive! I am glad to be a member :)
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    icon_cheers.gif Nice work mate. Congratulations.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com