Options

Is Credit Card only the option to pay for the exam?

sunny_evandersunny_evander Member Posts: 126
Hey! As i was planning to give the Intro Exam today but i couldn't got for it.Because i dont have a credit card and i applied few days ago and due to some technical problem i dint hear from the bank till now !!(its 1st already).I am just wondering if i can pay using credit card only(as my subject co-ordinator told me) or can i go to the test centre and make the payment in person by Debit card or Bank Cheque etc.

Things dint go according to plan, i am very upset abt it .... icon_cry.gif

Thanks in advance
:santa:

Comments

• Options
    netheadnethead Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've paid before for Cisco tests using a Debit Card with no problems.
    "The time for talking is over. Now call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard, and we hit it fast, with a major, and I mean major, leaflet campaign. "
    - Rimmer, Polymorph
  • Options
    nethead wrote:
    I've paid before for Cisco tests using a Debit Card with no problems.

I am in Sydney and i called 3-4 centres that conduct tests but all of them said "CREDIT CARD " only ... DAMN IT !!! I have to call more centres may be
  • Options
    netheadnethead Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Maybe its different depending on the country you're in - I'm in the UK.

I don't get why places don't take debit cards, in the UK we have big debit card schemes that are backed by VISA as one example. You can then use a VISA card anywhere to pay for anything.
    "The time for talking is over. Now call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard, and we hit it fast, with a major, and I mean major, leaflet campaign. "
    - Rimmer, Polymorph
  • Options
    DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    If you have a debit card with a VISA logo on the front of it, you should be able to use it as a credit card.

I don't know if this option is viable outside of the states, but what I've recommended to alot of folks without credit cards is to go to a local mall. They sell gift cards that are actually VISA cards with a small variable balance. They work wherever VISA is accepted.
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
    =[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
    ==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
    =CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=
  • Options
    toghermitoghermi Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    HOw much is it to take the exam in the Uk
  • Options
    fuseboxfusebox Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I called up the prometric testing group here in Sydney and I asked the guy if I could pay cash on the spot, he said you can do that but you must go and make the booking in person at that particular testing centre and pay them then.

Which place were you calling?
    Im a newbie.... please be easy on me.
  • Options
    fusebox wrote:
    I called up the prometric testing group here in Sydney and I asked the guy if I could pay cash on the spot, he said you can do that but you must go and make the booking in person at that particular testing centre and pay them then.

Which place were you calling?

thanks for the information.... :) I found it out few days age that a centre near Town Hall called some Excom that accepts cash... But other centres dont... I have my exam this 14th... God Bless...