Just passed Sys201...barely

AJJ28AJJ28 Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just passed Sys201...I didn't study and that was a mistake. I barely made it at 755...loads of questions on encryption and algorithms. I feel fortunate but won't do that again...good luck to everyone.

I don't think it could be said that the test is very difficult because I have a general knowledge and was able get by....but that is just my opinion...I am sure on other tests I will find them difficult and others will think they were easy.

Comments

• CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    Congrats on the pass!

Did you already have some experience with security?
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    AJJ28 wrote: »
    I just passed Sys201...I didn't study and that was a mistake. I barely made it at 755...loads of questions on encryption and algorithms. I feel fortunate but won't do that again...good luck to everyone.

I don't think it could be said that the test is very difficult because I have a general knowledge and was able get by....but that is just my opinion...I am sure on other tests I will find them difficult and others will think they were easy.

Congrats, I am plan on taking the test soon. I am scoring in the 90% range for practice tests right now. I figure I am almost ready.
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats for passing!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congrats on the pass! At this point, very few people care what the score was, but instead care that you have the cert.

I'm betting you probably didn't have more than 15 questions on encryption and algorithms (lthe objectives list it as 15% of the exam) but that was probably what you struggled with. Thankfully, you had enough knowledge in other areas to carry you through.

On a similar topic, the passing score is 750. Some think this equates to 75 percent, but it's closer to 83 percent. If you ace it, your score is 900 (not 1000). So 750 out of 900 is close to 83 percent. If you get all the cryptography questions wrong (15 percent), you can't afford to miss more than a couple of questions on the other topics.

Darril Gibson
    Author: CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead
    www.sy0-201.com

Security+ Blog
    Security Plus: Get Certified Get Ahead

Security+ Tip of day Tweets
    twitter.com/DarrilGibson
  • abefromanabefroman Banned Posts: 278
    Congrats!

I plan on taking the Sec+ late Nov, or early Dec.

I have a couple chapters left in the book, then want to spend a few weeks, practicing questions.