i am new here

vviivvii Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi there, I am planning to take my A+ exam at the end of January, just wondering anyone here have used these book before?

1) "Faster, smarter A+ cert", by Drew Bird and Mike Harwood
2) "Test yourself A+ cert 4th edition", by Michael Pastore
3) "Exam cram 2 A+ practice Questions" by Charles J. Brooks
Obtained: A+, MCSE03, CCNA & CCNP

Coming Soon: Juniper ...

Comments

• TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used the faster/smarter book as well as the Exam Cram 2 book. I thought that both books prepared me very well for the exam. If you use what you have there plus this site's technotes you should not fail if you put some effort into your studies.

A lot of people like the Mike Myers AIO book. Good luck in your studies.
  • vviivvii Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Mike Myers AIO book???

anyone have the link to what the book look like??

• janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
  • cliffjag1987cliffjag1987 Member Posts: 206
    Hey mate welcome to our new world of certifications. My compliments to your avatar. It was the first thing i saw. I used Sybex A+ 3rd edition. Found it good and also used Transcender , Simulation exam and some others to practice. But the forums favarites i see that it is AIO Mike meyers. But i can't tell you because i never used it.

Good luck ,

CLIFF
    Thx for all the response, I will take a look at the book for sure b4 I take the exam

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    MIke Myers for sure. I passed with that myself with the older objectives, but I'm sure the 5th edition is just as good.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • ra13ra13 Member Posts: 137
    I used the exam cram 2 book and www.measureup.com. Combined I was able to pass the os exam and am scheduled to take my hardware exam feb 18 and am using the same references. I though have heard nothing but great things about michael myers references. Hey Good luck and let us know when you pass.
    I will have my exam this sunday Feb 6 !!!

• janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Good luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
    Good luck, I am going on Feb 18th for my hardware test. haven't had much time to study but I will be craming for the next couple of weeks. Let me know how it goes.
    Finished my hardware exam today.. I got 591, some materials on the test was never study before. Anyway, the test was not as hard as I though.

Hey Congratulations on passing your hrdware exam. I was wondering what material you did use that you found helpful. I just sat for about an hour studying with the exam cram 2 book but there is just so much to study and I don't have real good study habbits either so I was wondering what you found useful?
    exam cram 2 book is the way to go, and the practice questions was really helpful too, just go for the test when u feel comfortable.