new exam

netcom2000netcom2000 Member Posts: 117
Having just passed the network+ exam, what sort of things will I need to update on with the new 2005 exam. icon_confused.gif
Future planned exams are as follows: CCNA, Windows 2003 Server 70-290

"Like the Roman, I see the Tiber foaming with so much blood"

Enoch Powell 1968

"We died in hell, they called it Passchendaele"

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    You don't need to update. Network+ certification is for life. Once your network+ certified you'll always be network+ certified, and passing a newer exam won't make any difference. I think your better off focussing on another cert.
  • NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Webmaster wrote:
    I think your better off focussing on another cert.

I completely agree on that one!
  • drewmandrewman Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Where can you go to find the new 2005 Network+ objectives? I might be taking it in a few months and I was just woundering if there is a book with the new 2005 objectives or not.. Congrat on passing the Network+, netcom. what is next?
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    You can get the objectives here.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • netcom2000netcom2000 Member Posts: 117
    My next exam prep is 70-210, 2KPro, and have already started. Will let you know how I'm getting on. I keep nipping back to the Network+ forums seeing if I can be of help to others starting out on this great, foundation based certification.

icon_wink.gif
    Future planned exams are as follows: CCNA, Windows 2003 Server 70-290

"Like the Roman, I see the Tiber foaming with so much blood"

Enoch Powell 1968

"We died in hell, they called it Passchendaele"
  • entzillaentzilla Member Posts: 141
    When are the new objectives in effect? I would like to take the Network+ after I pass A+ core, but under the current objectives. I thought I heard before that it was June or July of this year? If so, that should be enough time.
    CompTIA A+ Certified - July 5th, 2005
  • VisionymVisionym Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Im just new starting out in networking, no real expereince other than school, getting ready to take my first cert. How much dose hands on help for the certs?
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    When are the new objectives in effect?
    Read it here, http://comptia.com/certification/network/beta2004.aspx
    Looks like sometime in 2nd quarter of this year. You should have time to get the present exam passed.
    How much dose hands on help for the certs?

Hands on always helps. Also, get yourself a good exam guide. I used Michael Meyers's All-In-One Network+ Exam Guide. It's one of the best. This exam guide should make what you have learned at school quite real, although it's not hands on, and it approaches the material in a "CompTIA-like manner".

Good luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki