Options

How close are the Measureup tests for the 09 exam?

finkle636finkle636 Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
How close are the Measureup tests for the 09 exam?, are the subjects, topics and difficulty rating they cover pretty much on track?

Comments

• Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    finkle636 wrote: »
    How close are the Measureup tests for the 09 exam?, are the subjects, topics and difficulty rating they cover pretty much on track?

I feel that with CompTIA exams in general the Measureup practice tests are harder then the actual exam.
  • Options
    Matt_SmiMatt_Smi Member Posts: 111 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This is more of a general observation on Practice tests rather than this particular one for this test but I prefer Transcender to all practice tests, I just think they offer the best test engine, most options as well as the best questions with good explanations. And I would agree that for some tests I found the Transcenders to be harder than the real test. I think they do it that way so lets say you are scoring consistent 80s on the practice exam, well then that would be more like the 90% range on your test. I mean if I am paying $120 for just one of these tests, which is the cost of some MS cert tests itself then I am sure they make sure to over-test you on the material to to speak or else they would not have too many customers. I also feel like many of the questions on the practice exams sometimes require much more thought and test your understanding of the concepts where as on the real thing they are sometimes more memorization type questions.

In addition to Transcender I have also used PrepLogic and they are pretty good as well, I think I have used measure twice, once was an old version that I used for A+ and another was a disc that came free with a book, they too were decent. Another thing I have been doing while using the practice test while studying for my latest cert is printing out my exam results and then going back over the ones I missed and even the ones I got but felt like I got lucky on and didn't really know the answer and I review all the explanations and that seems to help me a lot. Some practice tests have very weak/short explanations but Transcenders are very helpful.