Options

HOLDING MY CCNA WHILE GOING FOR CWNP

MissionKap1001MissionKap1001 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
Dear anyone, I think I wanna go this route. I would like to get my CCNA then take the wireless certificates after this. My question is, is it possible, to get all my wireless certificates and hold on to my CCNA at the same time? It seems like I would have to be switching back and forth on courses, and that seems really tough.

Comments

• Options
    TranscenderMichaelTranscenderMichael Member Posts: 187
    Dear anyone, I think I wanna go this route. I would like to get my CCNA then take the wireless certificates after this. My question is, is it possible, to get all my wireless certificates and hold on to my CCNA at the same time? It seems like I would have to be switching back and forth on courses, and that seems really tough.

Why would you not be able to have the CCNA and the CWNP certs at the same time? I've got a stack of certifications I'm holding simultaneously.

The CCNA and the CWNP certs are valid for 3 years (with the exception of the CWNE, which is valid for life). Get the CCNA, then the CWNP certifications, then recertify within the 3-year window.
    TranscenderMichael (at hotmail.com)
    MCSE+I, MCDST, MCDBA, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CNE, CCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, A+
    Kaplan IT
    Powering Transcender and Self Test Software
    Served proudly, USArmy, 98C, '89-'92
  • Options
    MissionKap1001MissionKap1001 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thanks, it's only cause i'm in the not knowing zone that it seems difficult, but what you said is what I want to do.
  • Options
    thanks, it's only cause i'm in the not knowing zone that it seems difficult, but what you said is what I want to do.

The more you learn, the easier it will become, in time. :)
    MCSE+I, MCDST, MCDBA, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CNE, CCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, A+
    Kaplan IT
  • Options
    DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    yeah, 3 years is a long time for a recert. And once you've done it once, it's easier since it's just review.
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
    =[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
    ==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
    =CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=
  • Options
    Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    Go for it...it's not that bad. You can not go wrong learning wireless. If you look at the 2004 salary survey, the CWSP was number two on the list.....at about 92,000.00 - 94,0000.00. It was just a tad higher than the CCNA. Good luck on whatever you decide. Both are great certs.
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • Options
    Ten9t6 wrote:
    Go for it...it's not that bad. You can not go wrong learning wireless. If you look at the 2004 salary survey, the CWSP was number two on the list.....at about 92,000.00 - 94,0000.00. It was just a tad higher than the CCNA. Good luck on whatever you decide. Both are great certs.

You can trust the salary survey to give you good comparisons of the relative worth of certifications... but don't trust the dollar amounts. They're incredibly inflated.
    Kaplan IT