what is the best Jump Drive to get

x_Danny_xx_Danny_x Member Posts: 312 ■■□□□□□□□□
Since at school they dont let me install programs because of the limited rights. I want to get a Jump Drive to get around that since those guys come with their own operating system and have a good amount of space

I want to use Bittorrent to download music and movie files

I dont which companies make the best ones. Do you guys have any suggestions??

If not what about those portabable USB hardrives??
There There, Its okay to feel GUILTY...........There is no SIN in PLEASURE!

Comments

• garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    I have a 1 gig sony. PNY is good, I also have a 70 gig Maxtor usb drive for Ghosting.
  • lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    I have a 1 gig QuickiDrive... I don't know about them having their own operating system (you can usually make them bootable). Once you get one, slip a MAME installation on it. With ROMS it weighs in at ~150k.. now I can play Millipede anywhere :)

I also have a 40 gig portable USB drive, used for data transfers when I deploy new machines at work (quicker than dumping it across the network, simpler than configuring a crossover cable). For that I just bought a 2.5" 5400 RPM Samsung drive and an external case to put it in. Cost under $100 from newegg.com and about 3 minutes to assemble it. Very nice that it is bus powered and fits in my shirt pocket.
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.
  • TranscenderMichaelTranscenderMichael Member Posts: 187
    You're not going to be doing much torrent action if your school has the ports blocked. Some do.
    TranscenderMichael (at hotmail.com)
    MCSE+I, MCDST, MCDBA, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CNE, CCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, A+
    Kaplan IT
    Powering Transcender and Self Test Software
    Served proudly, USArmy, 98C, '89-'92
  • x_Danny_xx_Danny_x Member Posts: 312 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thanks for the info guys. Im going to check them out.

Im in Georgia Tech, I do have to check it out though if they have the ports blocked or not. BitTornado is a different interface client that allows you to choose different ports. Im going to see how that works out.

thanks again
    There There, Its okay to feel GUILTY...........There is no SIN in PLEASURE!