Looking to start net+

whotimewhotime Member Posts: 122 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi,

I am new to the forums.

I am taking my ccna and am in semester 1 at the netacad college here. i want to get my net+ cert over the winter break and am wondering what is good to start studying. also wondering how you get something like trenscenders and stuff like that.

any help is appreciated/
WGU BS: IT-Security
In Progress: C170, C246
To Be Completed: C247, C299, C697, C698, C435, C436, C179

Comments

• jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Hey!!!

I would like to suggest that you buy the Network+ All in One book.
    I looked through it and it looks pretty good.
    Amazon.com: CompTIA Network+ All-in-One Exam Guide, Fourth Edition (9780071614870): Michael Meyers: Books

The objectvies in this Network+ exam should help you along with the CCNA studies because some information in the CCNA and the Network+ will overlap. This doesn't mean that you can just skip over a section in the material because they overlap. One course of study might leave something out that the other has not.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Divine-AssaultDivine-Assault Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

I personally like reading the Sybex books. They may have harder practice questions but I like that sort of thing because it makes the real exam easy.

Amazon.com: CompTIA Network+ Study Guide: Exam N10-004 (9780470427477): Todd Lammle: Books

Also if your worried whether you have enough time to study for the net+ during winter break, don't. If you study for a couple hours a day you should be able to be done with the book in about 2 weeks and use a couple days to review then take the exam.

Best of luck
    Currently Studying for: 70-291

Life is too precious to waste...

Check out my Blog! :D
    www.oreillybookreviews.blogspot.com
  • exeexe Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have that book in my hand now, it's excellent. It outlines everything very easily, and tells you "What you need to know" and "what will be on the exam" so you can accurately focus on the right sections.
  • whotimewhotime Member Posts: 122 ■■■□□□□□□□
    exe wrote: »
    I have that book in my hand now, it's excellent. It outlines everything very easily, and tells you "What you need to know" and "what will be on the exam" so you can accurately focus on the right sections.

you have which book in your hands?
    WGU BS: IT-Security
    In Progress: C170, C246
    To Be Completed: C247, C299, C697, C698, C435, C436, C179
  • exeexe Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    whotime wrote: »
    you have which book in your hands?

The previous book mentioned ^^.
  • REID8968REID8968 Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm sure everyone has a favorite book, but you must get the tech notes from this site. They were very helpful when studying for Net +. Really a great study tool, as it is organized by Objective.
  • bubble2005bubble2005 Member Posts: 210 ■■■□□□□□□□
    whotime wrote: »
    Hi,

I am new to the forums.

I am taking my ccna and am in semester 1 at the netacad college here. i want to get my net+ cert over the winter break and am wondering what is good to start studying. also wondering how you get something like trenscenders and stuff like that.

any help is appreciated/

Well I would advise you to read the technotes that come with Network+ from Tech Exams for a brief all around understanding along with an updated Sybex book. Ensure that you don't buy an outdated book as the test may offer new topics on the exam. For practice testing purposes Transcender is very good Transcender IT Certification Prep Training Products - Practice Exams and More. You can check it out. Others are Prep Logic and Exam Cram. A word of caution however, do not complete the practice tests before you complete the study material because in the long run you will forget everything. Also check out CertGuard | IT Certification Exam Security & Integrity for other genuine sites that may provide help on your exams whilst not cheating yourself. Oh and WELCOMEicon_cheers.gif Good luck on your current and future studies.
    Think Big Stay Focus: In the midst of all situations, think positive.:thumbup: