my turn...

laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
To do the obligatory, I’ve just taken the exam but don’t think I’ve passed post…

My study routine went to bits this last month, due to work n other stuff getting in the way, but I have learnt a lot from the experience. The sheer volume of information to go through still leaves me breathless lol

The length of the exam is tough going, I was shattered at the end of it and with around 50 questions to go I felt like throwing in the towel lol. I was struggling to keep the concentration levels up and I’m fairly sure I stuffed up on a few simple questions. Despite knowing that it was a long exam before hand I’ve never sat anything of that nature before and doubt I will again.

As to the exam content well I’d have to say I still have no idea what half of it was on about lol.

Oh well I’ll update when I get the result and look at dates for early next year for a resit, maybe!

Cheers guys
if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Yes, the CISSP exam itself is grueling. I've only taken a few finals exams in college that came anything close to it. Even with your water, snack bars, a good nights sleep, and morning caffeine, you may not have the mental stamina to endure it. I attribute my stamina built by marathon computer gaming sessions as the training that pulled me through the CISSP exam in only five hours. icon_lol.gif
  • laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    your not wrong there JD, I didnt even sit anything like that in school. I could probably have coped better if it had been a more interactive type exam, but just sitting staring at written words for that long killed me lol

At least I was prepared for it to some extent, I got chatting to another guy there who was sitting the SSCP ( a mere 4 hour exam) who had been expecting a computer based version and was then asking when we'd get the results as he was expecting them at the end of the exam!

I saw one person leave from the CISSP after less than 3 hours! she was either brilliant or didnt have a clue and walked...

oh well onwards and upwards as they say icon_smile.gif
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Well I am sure it went better than you think dude.

Let us know your result soon....
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
    It is interesting how many candidates don't know anything about the testing venue for (ISC)2 exams. It's a surprise when they show up to the "test center" and it's a huge hotel ballroom with picnic tables, pencils, and exam booklets. Talk about flashbacks to taking the SAT or GRE! icon_eek.gif

And the SSCP is a three-hour exam; these are the people that leave after 2.5-3 hours. They usually put the SSCP candidates at either end of the first row, and there's typically only 2-5 of them in a sea of CISSP candidates. If you see a CISSP candidate leaving after three hours then I agree with the "either brilliant or didn't have a clue and walked" assessment. :)
    wooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo icon_biggrin.gif

don't ask me how but I just got my result and i PASSED lmao my jaw is aching 'cos I can't stop grinning....

I was that sure I'd failed, I've not done a thing about sorting my CV out or even bothered worrying about a reference I don't know anyone else who is CISSP lol

Guess now I have a little more work to do, but at least I've passed what a relief that is icon_biggrin.gif

wanna go home and get drunk now lol
    cheers guys much appreciate everyone support as usual icon_smile.gif
  • PortMsaterPortMsater Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■

don't ask me how but I just got my result and i PASSED lmao my jaw is aching 'cos I can't stop grinning....

I was that sure I'd failed, I've not done a thing about sorting my CV out or even bothered worrying about a reference I don't know anyone else who is CISSP lol

Guess now I have a little more work to do, but at least I've passed what a relief that is icon_biggrin.gif

Congrats! Don't forget to update your certification list!
    I know that feeling... drunken_smilie.gif Congratz on your pass!
  • j_a_s_o_nj_a_s_o_n Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • georgemcgeorgemc Member Posts: 429
    Congrats!!
    WGU BS: Business - Information Technology Management
    Start Date: 01 October 2012
    QFT1,PFIT in progress.
    TRANSFERRED/COMPLETED: AGC1,BBC1,LAE1,QBT1,LUT1,QLC1,QMC1,QLT1,IWC1,INC1,INT1,BVC1,CLC1,MGC1, CWV1 BNC1, LIT1,LWC1,QAT1,WFV1,EST1,EGC1,EGT1,IWT1,MKC1,MKT1,RWT1,FNT1,FNC1, BDC1,TPV1 REQUIRED:
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    PASSED

Congratulations!! drunken_smilie.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□

Top job mate! Best of luck for the future!
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • stoked64stoked64 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The deaad said best, "What a long, strange trip it's been.,". Congrats.
  • unsupportedunsupported Member Posts: 192
    congrats!
    -un

“We build our computer (systems) the way we build our cities: over time, without a plan, on top of ruins” - Ellen Ullman
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Congrats !! Great job icon_thumright.gif

I heard CISSP is more valuable in the US more than the rest of the world.

I'm interested to know how valuable it is in the UK for you ?? can you give us an idea about the opportunities that demand CISSP ?
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

UnixGuy wrote: »
    Congrats !! Great job icon_thumright.gif

I heard CISSP is more valuable in the US more than the rest of the world.

I'm interested to know how valuable it is in the UK for you ?? can you give us an idea about the opportunities that demand CISSP ?

cheers icon_smile.gif

I'd probably tend to agree with you, but it's becoming more recognised here too. It's appearing regularly on the job sites at high end salaries.
    One of the other reasons I've gone done this route is I'm currently in the process of emigrating to Australia, and it's on the skills in demand list (means faster processing times) and its well respected there too.

For me I attended my first interview this am that had CISSP as a requirement and it showed in the interview questions I was asked. This role was for Technical Services Manager, heavily focussed on security obviously.
    Most of the roles I've seen advertised are of a similar ilk and in the private sector salaries around the 70k~(Us= 110k ish I think) mark.

Talking amongst my peers(ish) who are CCIE's (couple of em double) who are considering taking it as they also see the value of it and recognise the pedigree of it.

All in all I'd certainly recomend it to others.

That said I don't currently know anyone who holds the certification and will be interested in meeting up with others and seeking there opinions.
    hth icon_smile.gif
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man!, good luck with Oz!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
    Im now officially CISSP certified, I just received my confirmation email.

Not bad turn around I only submitted the paperwork early December. icon_smile.gif

Drink anyone ??
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□

Not bad turn around I only submitted the paperwork early December. icon_smile.gif

Drink anyone ??

congrats, and yes I will take one :D
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • JDPisanoJDPisano Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□

Drink anyone ??

Congratulations! I will enjoy a cocktail tonight in your honor!
    Well I received my certificate in the post today, not bad turnaround just over two weeks from the email icon_smile.gif

And anyone got any sunglasses its a bight bright lol icon_biggrin.gif

Tempted to go buy summit from the shop cos I fancy a pin badge for confrences etc lol