Options

1st Exam with Sims

kwa403kwa403 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
End of this month I am taking, & hopefully passing 70-290, this will be my first exam with Sims & I was just after some advice.

Is there a time limit on each Sim? What if you make mistake ( click on a wrong shortcut) half through a Sim, can you restart? Is the end product the decider to whether a Sim is right or wrong? There are a number of different route to get to SYSTEM PROPERTIES, is one route better ('more correct') than others.

Any advice gratefully received

Comments

• Options
    thatguy85thatguy85 Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    kwa403 wrote: »
    End of this month I am taking, & hopefully passing 70-290, this will be my first exam with Sims & I was just after some advice.

Is there a time limit on each Sim? What if you make mistake ( click on a wrong shortcut) half through a Sim, can you restart? Is the end product the decider to whether a Sim is right or wrong? There are a number of different route to get to SYSTEM PROPERTIES, is one route better ('more correct') than others.

Any advice gratefully received

Well... Without breaking any NDA's..

You have a set amount of time to finish the entire test. No time limit for sims.

There is a reset button if you make a mistake.

The Sim is graded on whether or not you accomplished the objectives given by the exam.

There are usually different ways to accomplish the same task. Know all of them, that's all you can do.
  • Options
    NozzaCNozzaC Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'd say about 20% of the exam is sims but who really knows. It certainly does not appear that you get penalised for going around the houses to get the answer. There are some nasty ones but also some very simple ones - go into the properties, change one thing and come out - that sort of thing.

My technique is to leave all the sims to the end and whizz through the Qs nice and quick before going back to the sims. I find I tend to know if I've got the multiple choice one correct. But with some of the sims I feel uncertain which is not a good feeling to get early on in an exam. Feeling worried tends to shut my brain down.
  • Options
    kwa403kwa403 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for your replys, at least I have some idea what I am letting myself in for now!
  • Options
    desertmousedesertmouse Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It was frustrating for me the 1st time because I'd try and get to a area a specific way, and the sim wouldn't let me, and I'd have to think for a second and remember a different way to get to the same place. Don't let it trick you up, they end up being my favorite part of the test.