Passed ISSAP

j_a_s_o_nj_a_s_o_n Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just got my score this afternoon. icon_cool.gif I think the test, in general, was easier than the CISSP. Then again, this is with the benefit of being on the other side of all the material from studying for the CISSP.

I studied from the ISC2 seminar materials, which are presently the only material out there.

I'm headed down the Cisco security route next, if anyone has any sage advice...

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    That's pretty sweet! I'm not sure if I've seen anyone else here with any of the specializations.

Congratulations!

Do you have a CCNA? That's a prerequisite for any of the security work (unless you go right for the IE).
  • j_a_s_o_nj_a_s_o_n Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have nothing for Cisco at present. I'm thinking CCNA Security -> CCSP -> CCIE Security.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You'll need to start out with a CCNA then: CCNA Security - Career Certifications & Paths - Cisco Systems

Most people recommend professional-level R&S knowledge for advanced security studies as well. YMMV though.
    Yup, that's where I'm headed. Leaning on work presently to buy me some bits for a lab :)
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Congratz on passing the exam for a very rare cert indeed! icon_thumright.gif

What's the Annual Maintenance Fee for the CISSP-ISSAP? I'm already forking over $150/yr for the CISSP/SSCP combo. I was looking at the CISSP-ISSEP, but I'm not sure if I want to pay the additional AMF for it.
    It looks like they've added another $35/yr for it. Not too terrible.
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Congrats Jason icon_thumright.gif

Can you tell us how do you use the CISSP-ISSAP in your job ?

or put another way, how much InfoSec work do you do in your job and can you relate your day-to-day tasks with the CBK domains of CISSP/ISSAP ?

I'm curious, because I'm interested in CISSP and rarely do I get the chance to do any InfoSec work....so I'm just wondering :)
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

My job is in information security, so the material directly relates, for the most part. The only domain that we don't deal with much is physical security, and we still poke at that a bit when doing penetration testing.
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Interesting. Thank you :)
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• segfau1tsegfau1t Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey Jason, Congrats! icon_thumright.gif

Do you have any study recommendation for the exam?
  • Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    Congrats on the pass!!
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)