Just got my CISSP results.

TallDarknFuglyTallDarknFugly Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
And I passed. Like most of you who took the exam, I wasn't confident that I passed. The way the questions and objectives are presented makes it hard for one to be positive about the outcome. I took the exam on 03OCT09 and the results came in a couple of hours ago. I studied for about a month while being engaged with a fulltime job and part time school but every free time I got, I spent studying for the exam.
Materials used include the Shon Harris DVD set, All In One Rev 4., Wiley CISSP prep Guide, and the ISC2 official guide. I also attended a training class with Intense School about a week prior to the exam.

My background- I have worked in numerous domains of the CISSP for the past decade, first as a United States Navy Electronics Technician, then Information Technician before detaching from Active duty and getting employed as a Sys Admin with a Defense Contractor.

My deepest gratitude to the folks who keep these forums running because even though I didnt comment much, I spent a lot of time here and on cccure.org preparing for the exams. Even the simple little things I picked up from the forums mattered. Stuff like, knowing to keep my spirits up after the exam, instead of worrying about whether or not I passed because that IS the normal feeling for most who take the CISSP exam...

For those who are waiting for the results, try not to think too hard about it. What's done is done. You can't undo your results once you turn in the paper. Just try to stay positive and wait...

Thanks again, Guys!

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    Stuff like, knowing to keep my spirits up after the exam, instead of worrying about whether or not I passed because that IS the normal feeling for most who take the CISSP exam...
    That seems to be good advice. We have lucked out lately with people thinking they didn't pass after taking the exam -- and then finding out they passed. I hope we keep the streak going!!
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

That seems to be good advice. We have lucked out lately with people thinking they didn't pass after taking the exam -- and then finding out they passed. I hope we keep the streak going!!

+1 nice one fella icon_smile.gif

Mike I hope your right, but i fear I'm the one about to break that streak lol
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • j_a_s_o_nj_a_s_o_n Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • carboncopycarboncopy Member Posts: 259
    Congrats! Its a good thing to see most people passing the exam :)
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass, and don't forget to update your TechExams profile to reflect the new CISSP status.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • TallDarknFuglyTallDarknFugly Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks, guys... definitely makes sleep much easier.

And I'll get right to updating my profile asap.

@ Laidbackfreak- That's funny that you'd say that. I admit I did have those pessimistic thoughts about how bad it would be for me to be the one who breaks the cycle. Two of the security guys at my job aren't the brightest bulbs out here but they have their CISSP certs. One told me he earned it on the first try so the running joke for the past month has been that if I dont get this pass on the first try I might as well switch careers and go to nursing school. lol... Thankfully, that won't be happening. I'd make for one heck of an intimidating nurse.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Congratz on your pass! :D

...if I dont get this pass on the first try I might as well switch careers and go to nursing school. lol...
    My wife is a Registered Nurse and teaches nursing students at a medical college. The CISSP exam is very easy compared to what nursing students must do each quarter they are in school. And the items on the nursing board exams are much more difficult than the CISSP exam items (although the nursing exams are computer-based, adaptive, and much shorter than the CISSP). Lots of people flunk out of nursing school each year, and the USA has an easier nursing program than many other first-world countries.
  • laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    JDMurray wrote: »
    CISSP exam is very easy compared to what nursing students must do each quarter they are in school.

oh great JD just when I was considering a change, guess it's back to finding a ladder and go wash some windows lol
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Grats and welcome to the Club