Options

Why would somebody retake core after passing?

entzillaentzilla Member Posts: 141
After I passed the core I got a sheet saying that if I passed I have to wait 12 months before retaking the exam. Is this just for people who want to better their score?
CompTIA A+ Certified - July 5th, 2005

Comments

• Options
    TranscenderMichaelTranscenderMichael Member Posts: 187
    Yes, although I've never once been asked by an employer or potential employer what scores I've gotten on an exam.

More importantly, you may want to retake Core (or another updated exam) after new objectives are released just to prove to yourself or your employer that you are fluent with current technologies. However, that's about the only benefit you'll get for retaking a passed exam.
    TranscenderMichael (at hotmail.com)
    MCSE+I, MCDST, MCDBA, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CNE, CCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, A+
    Kaplan IT
    Powering Transcender and Self Test Software
    Served proudly, USArmy, 98C, '89-'92
  • Options
    entzillaentzilla Member Posts: 141
    Do employers usually ask the year you took the exam and under what objectives? Or should you list that on a resume?

I would just say I'm A+ certified and leave it at that, unless they ask questions.
    CompTIA A+ Certified - July 5th, 2005
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    entzilla wrote:
    I would just say I'm A+ certified and leave it at that, unless they ask questions.

That's all that matters.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    TranscenderMichaelTranscenderMichael Member Posts: 187
    entzilla wrote:
    Do employers usually ask the year you took the exam and under what objectives? Or should you list that on a resume?

You can if you want, but I've not ever been asked. On my resume, I state the date I initially achieved the certification, but I don't list retests or recerts (I also don't list lower-level certifications - there's really no reason for me to list MCP and CCNA since I have the MCSE+I and CCNP).
    TranscenderMichael (at hotmail.com)
    MCSE+I, MCDST, MCDBA, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CNE, CCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, A+
    Kaplan IT
    Powering Transcender and Self Test Software
    Served proudly, USArmy, 98C, '89-'92