Training Camp's CISSP in December

carboncopycarboncopy Member Posts: 259
So I went ahead and signed up for Training Camp's CISSP 7 day course on December 14th. I am pretty sure the test will be given on the 20th of December.

Right now I am reading the AIO 4th edition and CISSP 4 dummies. I have a little less than 2 months until the class starts... already sweating. Wish me luck!

Comments

• stephens316stephens316 Member Posts: 203 ■■■■□□□□□□
    with your certs you should do well, good luck
    Free Reading : History Books
  • carboncopycarboncopy Member Posts: 259
    with your certs you should do well, good luck

Thanks, I sure hope so :)
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I've heard that the key to these bootcamps is to be well versed in the material ahead of time. People show up knowing little or nothing about the subject and expect to learn it all to pass the exam. Not only do they usually not pass the exam, but afterwards they retain very little of what they learned. By studying diligently ahead of time, you'll remember more of the material and the bootcamp will simply be reenforceing your knowedge and not teaching you much new stuff. You'll know you did right when you find yourself hepling the other students in the class to learn the material. :)
    JDMurray wrote: »
    I've heard that the key to these bootcamps is to be well versed in the material ahead of time. People show up knowing little or nothing about the subject and expect to learn it all to pass the exam. Not only do they usually not pass the exam, but afterwards they retain very little of what they learned. By studying diligently ahead of time, you'll remember more of the material and the bootcamp will simply be reenforceing your knowedge and not teaching you much new stuff. You'll know you did right when you find yourself hepling the other students in the class to learn the material. :)

I was scheduled to take the class in November but then I rescheduled to December just to be sure that I am well prepared before I go to the class.

Just like you said, I am pretty sure a lot of people go there with no prior knowledge and expect to pass. I don't think just the boot camp alone would be enough.

I Just hope that the AIO 4th edition, CISSP 4 Dummies, Shon Harris videos and Training Camp are enough. If I manage to finish both books before the class then I might pick another one up.
  • abefromanabefroman Banned Posts: 278
    carboncopy wrote: »
    So I went ahead and signed up for Training Camp's CISSP 7 day course on December 14th. I am pretty sure the test will be given on the 20th of December.

Right now I am reading the AIO 4th edition and CISSP 4 dummies. I have a little less than 2 months until the class starts... already sweating. Wish me luck!

Which training camp are you doing? There are a few out there for the CISSP.
    abefroman wrote: »
    Which training camp are you doing? There are a few out there for the CISSP.

I am doing Training Camp's Training Camp :P

Accelerated IT Training :: Training Camp
  • abefromanabefroman Banned Posts: 278
    carboncopy wrote: »
    I am doing Training Camp's Training Camp :P

Accelerated IT Training :: Training Camp

LOL, cool! Let us know how it was.
    Well, I am checked in the room and ready for tomorrow. I plan on going through some of the videos provided by Training Camp today and going to bed early to be ready for a very long day tomorrow.

I will try to give an update on how the day went tomorrow night.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Please try and give us a posting every day of your thoughts and feelings of being in a CISSP bootcamp. A lot of people have questions about the experience. It will be interesting to see how you cope as the days wear on (and your brain wears out ;) ).
    Day 1

I will keep this super short because I am running right now on about 3 hours of sleep. I had a lot of anxiety last night and wasn't able to fall asleep till about 3AM.

The class started at 8AM. Lunch was from 12:30PM to 1:30PM. Dinner from 5:00PM to 6:PM. After dinner we had a review of what we did today which finished at around 9PM. A few breaks were taken in between.

The instructor came directly from (ISC)2 and mentioned to the class that the "BootCamp" provided to us by Training Camp, is the same exact thing someone would be given if they had signed up for an (ISC)2 Review Seminar. With that being said, we were all handed out "The Official (ISC)2 CISSP CBK Review Seminar Student Workbook". The instructor was very good on lecturing and not reading directly from the book. The only problem with that is that I now have to go back and actually read the book,lol.

We went through the whole Information Security Governance and Risk Management domain, followed by Security Architecture and Design which we were not able to finish today. We left the concepts for tomorrow because it was already getting late and people were no looking as "aware".

So far everything seems to be going pretty good. Security Architecture killed me. I am about to go over notes that I took today before going to bed. I need to catch up on some sleep. I would be more detailed but I don't think I can make it. I will most likely provide an overall post on how the class in the end, while also making small posts at the end of the day.

If anything I said didn't make sense.. It is most likely because the amount of stuff that is going through my head right now. Will write back tomorrow. Good night!
    So I took the test day... I must say that after going half way through, I felt very confident, but then ran into a wall of App development. Not sure if I passed but I am leaning towards the positive side.

I will write a review of the class during the week.