help with internal routing! (ISA 06)

wedge1988wedge1988 Member Posts: 434 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi all,

got a bit of an issue. we use an assigned internal range by our central office. And i cannot have the IP addresses changed. Its impossible!

say its 10.0.1.0 - 10.0.4.0 / 22

okay, now, we have a connection to our internet supplied with 10.0.8.1 /24

and we have another connection, but with 10.0.1.1 /24

I have this as an internal IP address, and it is set up to route to another internal addresses such as 10.0.1.15.

i cannot change these IP addresses as they are assigned from head office, however, i want to route them through our ISA server so that the ISA server handles all the requests for the traffic. (This is security related, and before you ask, yes we have to look after internal security ourselves as its not head offices responsibility)

what i need to do is route traffic from 10.0.1.1 to the host machines such as 10.0.1.x, but it needs to go through the ISA server, even though 10.0.1.1 is considered internal (Which it isnt in theory)

ISA server card external is 192.168.16.1
ISA server card internal is 10.0.1.5
ISA server spare for other is 10.0.1.6

can i use a web listener or is there a better way of doing this?

help!

thanks!
~ wedge1988 ~ IdioT Certified~
MCSE:2003 ~ MCITP:EA ~ CCNP:R&S ~ CCNA:R&S ~ CCNA:Voice ~ Office 2000 MASTER ~ A+ ~ N+ ~ C&G:IT Diploma ~ Ofqual Entry Japanese

Comments

• wedge1988wedge1988 Member Posts: 434 ■■■□□□□□□□
    anybody have any general ideas? anyone?
    MCSE:2003 ~ MCITP:EA ~ CCNP:R&S ~ CCNA:R&S ~ CCNA:Voice ~ Office 2000 MASTER ~ A+ ~ N+ ~ C&G:IT Diploma ~ Ofqual Entry Japanese
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Wedge, can you draw us a picture? I'd like to see a viso diagram of how you've got stuff set up. Please include net IDs with subnet mask info in CIDR notation. But as HeroPsycho is saying in his message... You REALLY need to read that book.
  • wedge1988wedge1988 Member Posts: 434 ■■■□□□□□□□
    thanks for the reply guys, heres an image;

Drawing1.png

And i will read the book, but im still reading 4 others at the moment. I wouldnt be posting here if i'd already read it would i?

Anyway, its pretty much possible to do what i need to do, i just need to know if there is a way to do it, and im sure there is :)

Again, I KNOW that the setup is not a correct setup, but i cant do anything about it, so i have to work with what ive got.