Options

Terrible Experience

Robertb216Robertb216 Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
Ugh what a train wreck...
1. So I sit down to take my 70-620 and the screen says that it is a sharepoint test. Well I told them it was the wrong test and we had to call candidate support, even through they screwed up I had to pay for the exam (I left my confrimation letter at work) So I gave them my credit card and paid for my Vista test. I need to call prometric appeals to get my money back.

2. 10 questions into the test the PC freezes, so i had to sit for 1/2 hour while they sorted that out

3. I was on question 32 when the second PC they placed me on froze. They called tech support at prometric and I sat in the lobby for 1 1/2 hours. Finally they came out and told me I would need to retake the test at another time UGH!!! I also found that there were quite a few sims in this. I need to study better for them, so maybe it was better they are making me retake this. Im just frustrated and complaining guys :) I have $250 on my credit card and still no cert icon_sad.gif

Comments

• Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    That's a bummer... I know you are not the only on that has had these issues before. I had a PC lock up twice on the last day of a beta test. Since it was beta I could not get a retake and though they offered me a free exam once the test went live, I never heard back from them and they of course had no record of it when I called back.
  • Options
    dfosbennerdfosbenner Member Posts: 106
    I've never had a PC lockup during an exam, and I'd be quite peeved if it happened. When this happens, does the exam resume where you left off, or do you have to start the whole test over?

For what it's worth, sims are a PITA.
    MCTS
    MCITP: SA & EA
    MCSE: NT, 2000, 2003
    MCSA: 2000, 2003
  • Options
    Nope I need to start all over. What a bummer, I am still pretty upset over it!!!
  • Options
    dancreaneydancreaney Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've been to a few different test centers now, some have been really nice and modern and others dirty and dingy places. It really is pot luck sometimes. I hope someone creates a test center forum so folks can give reviews!
  • Options
    dancreaney wrote: »
    I've been to a few different test centers now, some have been really nice and modern and others dirty and dingy places. It really is pot luck sometimes. I hope someone creates a test center forum so folks can give reviews!

Great news!! SO I called and I have my test retake for Tuesday. So that takes care of the issue of the frozen PC during testing. Since they would not refund my money from selecting the wrong test the first time and Prometric basically told me to get lost, I called my credit card company to dispute the charge. They just emailed me and told me I will not be charged for the mixup, YEAH! Score one for the little guy :)
  • Options
    wweboywweboy Member Posts: 287 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Robertb216 wrote: »
    Great news!! SO I called and I have my test retake for Tuesday. So that takes care of the issue of the frozen PC during testing. Since they would not refund my money from selecting the wrong test the first time and Prometric basically told me to get lost, I called my credit card company to dispute the charge. They just emailed me and told me I will not be charged for the mixup, YEAH! Score one for the little guy :)

Stuff like this ALWAYS pay with a credit card. This is what sucks too we don't have options its Pro-metric or nothing **** monopolies I hope you do well on your test good luck :)
  • Options
    Update....I passed with 800 this morning!!! ugh what a terrible experience with this testing center and prometric. This was the retake since the two different PC's kept locking up a week or so ago the first time. So when i took it again today, this first PC FROZE! I was like "oh boy, here we go again." Then they placed me on a second PC, and after I completed the test.... you guess it, big white screen. I started to panic, especially since I finished the test and I did not know the score. But the testing clerk got it figured out and said I passed. I grabbed my test sheet and ran out of there, never to return to this testing site :)
  • Options
    dfosbennerdfosbenner Member Posts: 106
    Awesome job Robert! Glad you got to finish it this time. What was your score? How about a quick review of the exam?
    MCTS
    MCITP: SA & EA
    MCSE: NT, 2000, 2003
    MCSA: 2000, 2003
  • Options
    dfosbenner wrote: »
    Awesome job Robert! Glad you got to finish it this time. What was your score? How about a quick review of the exam?

Thanks! I ended up with 800. I had about 15 sims, so I would make sure you understand everything in Control Panel. Especially parental controls, defender, update, and administrative tools.