ONT Exam Today

Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
Well, I took the ONT exam today and got 743 with 790 needed. The exam was frustrating to say the least.

I used:

ONT Exam Certification Guide
INE's CCNP COD
CBT Nuggets
Train Signal
Student Guides
Quick Reference sheets

My scores:

Describe Cisco VoIP Implementations 83%
Describe QoS Considerations: 100%
Describe Diffserv QoS Implementations: 46%
Implement AutoQoS: 45%
Implement WLAN security and management: 41%

Honestly I knew I was going to do the worst on the wireless section as I spent the least time studying that. I guess I didn't expect it to be tested so heavily.

Well, back to it and try to retake it soon icon_study.gif

Comments

• jason_lundejason_lunde Member Posts: 567
    Dont worry dude! Looks like you got a good bit of study material under you there, and you will kill it in the next round. You got a good look at it now and know what to expect. Better luck on the next one! Anything in particular you need any clarification on? Sure someone here can help.
  • accelyaccely Member Posts: 101
    Thanks for posting and good luck next time! I pretty much use the same materials. I'll be taking it next Tuesday!
    Progress: CCIE RS Lab scheduled for Jan. 2012
    Equipment: Cisco 360 program racks

• Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
    Good luck on yours.

To be honest, I think I just underestimated it a little bit since I heard lots of reports about it being a breeze. I didn't lab enough and wasn't familiar enough with interpreting detailed outputs of configs. Plus my interest in the material wasn't exactly peaking. I found the BCMSN material much more exciting to study.
  • geezer301geezer301 Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How is the INE's CCNP COD ? Does it worth the money ?
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hang in there! You're so close!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • accelyaccely Member Posts: 101
    I consider myself kinda lucky. QoS voice and the wireless are making me more interested, I really like QoS too. I plan on taking the 642-642 QoS exam next, which is in the CCIP and also CCVP, the material is pretty much the same as in the ONT from what I've seen
    Progress: CCIE RS Lab scheduled for Jan. 2012
    Equipment: Cisco 360 program racks