Options

Pass 70-298 & 70-299

hollow666hollow666 Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
So finally getting around to posting on these two....

Pass on both.

I'm going to go ahead and make the recommendation to sit for both of these on the same day schedule a lunch or something in the middle though. I'm also going to make the recommendation to not waste any cash on the 70-298 ms press book its completely worthless in my opinion. The format it is written in is horrible.... I have to say its the worst MS-PRESS book I have ever seen. I made it about 10 pages in before my brain wanted to devour itself. The test cd is pretty crappy too unless you have never seen the design exam format. Just use the 70-299 book and test.

Also if you aren't MCSE either and you want to take the easy route 70-298 was way easier than 70-297 although I don't feel like its as useful as 70-297 in any way shape or form. All in all MCSE:SE seems like a pretty worthless cert to me no where near as useful as my MCSE:ME

Most of these exams are just review the same old stuff you should see on previous exams. I would suggest grabbing ESX and loading up an entire chain of enterprise CAs so you can play with it in depth and also configuring RAS for VPN if you have not done so before.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    My thoughts exactly icon_thumright.gif

Congrats icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    hollow666hollow666 Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Also forgot to mention a glaring error I seen appear about 9000 times in the 70-298 book and in all the practice tests. It really irked me because its so incorrect I would hate to see who was supposed to edit and verify.

Basically they are stating that you cannot apply a GPO at the OU level that contains security settings. This is complete BULL. You do not have to apply all GPOS with security settings at the DOMAIN level.
    You can apply GPOS with restricted groups, audit policies, user right assignment, and security options, etc.... everything that falls under the security node at the site, domain, or OU level.

I think they are getting confused by the fact that AD password policies and some account settings such as lockout can only be applied at the domain level. The settings will still apply to local computer accounts however. So I'm not really sure how they come up with this incorrect information.
  • Options
    murdatapesmurdatapes Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats ! man. I will soon find out this week if I can pull this off.

Nice job and good luck with the future progression.
    Next up
    CIW Web Foundations Associatef(Knock out some certs before WGU)
    ITIL Intermediate Service Operations