Two questions about ISCW

hhasundhhasund Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi,

I'm taking the ISCW next week, and I was wondering about a couple of things.

First, I was wondering about the simulations on the exam. I get the feeling that it is mostly SDM, is this right? None of my Examtools focus on CLI for this exams, except for Chris Bryant, of course. Is this true for the exam?
And are there a lot of simulations, or mostly ordinary multiple choice? I have read that ONT has no simulations, but I am unsure about ISCW.

Second, I have a technical question about AAA. When you put none at the end of an AAA-statement and tacacs+ is unavailable, does this mean that no authentication will be possible or that no authentication will be necessary?
Example:
aaa authentication login default group tacacs+ none

Thanks,
HH

Comments

• hhasundhhasund Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Never mind the first question. After reading some other threads, I see that a question like that violates the Cisco Exam Guidelines, so just ignore it.

It would be nice to get a reply or two on the AAA-question, though...

:)
  • jason_lundejason_lunde Member Posts: 567
    From Cisco:
    The list-name is a character string used to name the list you are creating. The method argument refers to the actual method the authentication algorithm tries. The additional methods of authentication are used only if the previous method returns an error, not if it fails. To specify that the authentication should succeed even if all methods return an error, specify none as the final method in the command line.

For example, to specify that authentication should succeed even if (in this example) the TACACS+ server returns an error, enter the following command:

aaa authentication login default group tacacs+ none

Note Because the none keyword enables any user logging in to successfully authenticate, it should be used only as a backup method of authentication.

Hope this helps man...