Options

FAILED A+ need advice...

NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
I took the 602 A+ Essentials last Monday September 28, 2009, and I bombed it. I study college text book I had, took a college course that teaches A+ essentials , and I even did some labs, but that didn’t seem like enough. Anyways, I’m building a computer this winter, going to start working with my dad’s computer repair business, and focus on the 2009 objectives, since I feel I need to study a bit more, and I need more time. I will say one thing no amount of review/practice tests will prepare you for a test! I usedExam Cram( measure up dics) , sybex book cert kit( the kit has 3 books), cert blaster, and they didn’t help that much. I received a score of 585.
I have read a few posts were people say study from the objectives, and not the practice tests, is there any other advice to follow?
Thanks in advance for your help.
When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
American inventor

Comments

• Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I took the 602 A+ Essentials last Monday September 28, 2009, and I bombed it. I study college text book I had, took a college course that teaches A+ essentials , and I even did some labs, but that didn’t seem like enough. Anyways, I’m building a computer this winter, going to start working with my dad’s computer repair business, and focus on the 2009 objectives, since I feel I need to study a bit more, and I need more time. I will say one thing no amount of review/practice tests will prepare you for a test! I usedExam Cram( measure up dics) , sybex book cert kit( the kit has 3 books), cert blaster, and they didn’t help that much. I received a score of 585.
    I have read a few posts were people say study from the objectives, and not the practice tests, is there any other advice to follow?
    Thanks in advance for your help.

What areas were you weak in? You should have received a sheet at the end of the test telling you the areas.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Typically,

The exam is geared toward candiates with 500 hours of experience. And the usual texts recommended are Mike Meyers and the Sybex texts, so you may consider these resources and get some more experience.

You can do this, just give yourself more time, it does usually require folks USE the technology to better understand how it works. Even if you memorize all the technical specs, something more happens when you have to apply to a real situation.

hang in there, and try again.

Make sure you KNOW the objectives from CompTIA before you reschedule.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    REID8968REID8968 Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Everyone is right. First, find out the areas of weakness. Second, don't give up! Study the weak areas, and then re-take the test. It took me 2 tries also. So, don't get discouraged! Just keep studying, and learning. You'll pass it! Good luck!