Passed 70-620 today

Passed with an 850. Not the score I hoped for, but that’s OK. There were only 2 or 3 questions where I just had to completely guess, otherwise I had high confidence level. The sims were something else entirely. Didn’t like them. I thought I nailed them all, but I have a feeling I didn’t do some things I should have and that dragged my score down.

I’ve been using Vista for 18 months, but not using many of the things on the test. I never use Parental Controls, Windows Mail, Calendar, Contacts, network projectors, Remote Assistance, and many other things they ask about. The thing I always chuckle about with exams like this is how much stuff I studied that they DIDN’T ask about. But in the end, I learned a lot about the OS, and that’s really why I go through this.

50 questions, somewhere between 10-15 sims, lots of time to take it, I think I had an hour to spare.

Well, I'm closing in on my goal. All that's left is 70-647 and I'll be an EA. I hope to do that by year end.
MCTS
MCITP: SA & EA
MCSE: NT, 2000, 2003
MCSA: 2000, 2003

Comments

• Robertb216Robertb216 Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Great job!! yeah there was some things on there that catch you by surprise.
  • stephens316stephens316 Member Posts: 203 ■■■■□□□□□□
    any sims on your test ? simple yes or no will work don't need details just concerned because of my money issuses right now but I need to take this test and pass so i can take one for free which will help me out. Thanks
    Free Reading : History Books
  • dfosbennerdfosbenner Member Posts: 106
    any sims on your test ? simple yes or no will work don't need details just concerned because of my money issuses right now but I need to take this test and pass so i can take one for free which will help me out. Thanks

Yes, somewhere around 10. I usually access things in Vista using shortcut keys, or right-clicking "Computer" or "Network", and using the context menu. I also use the Administrative Tools menu. In the sims, you don't have a full featured Vista, and shortcuts you're used to may not be available. Be sure you know how to configure Vista using the Control Panel icons.
    MCTS
    MCITP: SA & EA
    MCSE: NT, 2000, 2003
    MCSA: 2000, 2003
  • stephens316stephens316 Member Posts: 203 ■■■■□□□□□□
    thanks for the info:)
    Free Reading : History Books