MCSE Security, Finally!

hoomi_mcsehoomi_mcse Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
After 1 year , I passed all Exams and after passing 70-298 , Now I'm a MCSE Security. It's a great feeling and it's good to achieve it after hard work. but it's just the begining, MCSE 2008,MCITP and CCNA are my next objectives.

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Awesome accomplishment, congrats!
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

Spend some time celebrating drunken_smilie.gif before you head back to the books icon_study.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • murdatapesmurdatapes Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Excellent work !
    Next up
    CIW Web Foundations Associatef(Knock out some certs before WGU)
    ITIL Intermediate Service Operations
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Congrats! icon_smile.gif

I do believe celebrations are in order drunken_smilie.gif
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • hollow666hollow666 Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Gratz! If your anything like I was after I got my MCSE I was burnt out on microsoft material. I strongly recommend pursuing the CCNA first for your own sanity. Its very interesting material and will be a great change of the status quo.
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • hoomi_mcsehoomi_mcse Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    hollow666 wrote: »
    Gratz! If your anything like I was after I got my MCSE I was burnt out on microsoft material. I strongly recommend pursuing the CCNA first for your own sanity. Its very interesting material and will be a great change of the status quo.

Thank you all my friends, yeah it's a great feeling! now I'm facing more respect in work ! my boss got so excited when I showed my Transcript to her and it's effecting my career very well.

but now I'm a bit confused about which way I should go to carry on, I'm interested in CCNA but I think it will take me off road from Microsoft completely! but I'm so eager to upgrade my MCSE and become MCITP EA and get more knowledge about Server 2008 too. I donno if it necessary to get MCITP as well or not as MCITP is not well known and not so many ppl have heard about it. and also I'm interested in learning SQL and Exchange ! so there are many different ways ahead of me!
    help me guyz , to find the best way!
  • jojopramosjojopramos Member Posts: 415
    Congrats to your MCSE Security title...

For CCNA, i'd say go for it. It is important for an MCSE guy to have a strong knowledge in Cisco routers and switch as well as strong knowledge in subnetting. Although you already studied subnetting in the 293 infra exam, CCNA's approach is more indepth. Plus, this will boost your career more...

As for getting the MCITP, you should not be confused that by studying it because it is well known or not. The essence of it is to learn the Windows 2008 which is very essential to any Windows Systems Engineer/Admin guy.