ISC2 is growing up

CyanicCyanic Member Posts: 289

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Bah, that's initially just for the CSSLP.
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Cyanic wrote: »

I can see the certifications losing value because more individuals are certified. What do you guys think?
    dynamik wrote: »
    Bah, that's initially just for the CSSLP.

icon_wink.gif Amusing! I was just thinking the same thing...
  • down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    I can see the certifications losing value because more individuals are certified. What do you guys think?

I'll still be adding the CISSP-ISSAP 12mos icon_smile.gif

As for the CISSP, someone here compared it to a medical school graduate obtaining their MD... you are a generalist and to be effective you will need to specialize and continue to develop your skillset to be considered an expert in the field. But this is true for almost all certifications IMO
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It seems like the CISSP is becoming a baseline for upper-level security work. I think anyone who expects it to be a magic ticket to riches and fame is going to be disappointed.
    dynamik wrote: »
    I think anyone who expects it to be a magic ticket to riches and fame is going to be disappointed.

So much for the Lexus.... icon_cool.gif
  • CyanicCyanic Member Posts: 289
    I could not imagine spending 6 hours in one of those Vue testing rooms.
    Cyanic wrote: »
    I could not imagine spending 6 hours in one of those Vue testing rooms.

Only thing worse would be Prometric for six hours icon_lol.gif

Now imagine the computer breaking down in the middle of a CISSP or SSCP test. I am rioting and broken monitors in the near future icon_twisted.gif
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I think this is a good thing for candidates due to scheduling, I know in Michigan it was near impossible last year for ISC2 to even have any test sites out here.

I think the price tag for the CISSP scares away some but also the inability to **** (braindumps) scares away most.

On the other hand since the test is coming to a test site, I think braindumps will be on the horizon soon. I remember reading articles on test sites in India taking screenshots of the test to sell to braindump sites.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    The (ISC)2 has been looking into CBTesting for years now because of the difficulty people have with traveling to take the exams. It makes sense that they'd try out CBT on a cert exam that isn't a cornerstone of the (ISC)2's reputation (e.g., CSSLP, SSCP). If the CBT trial exam gets easily compromised (read: braindumped), they can recover by voiding the exam pool, releasing the next rev of the exam, and discontinuing the CBT program. That would keep the (ISC)2's rep from being affected by the CBT trial.
  • unsupportedunsupported Member Posts: 192
    I'm torn about them rolling it out to other tests, like the CISSP. Part of the brotherhood of CISSP is sweating it out in a room for 6 hours then waiting for your results for weeks. On the other hand, it does make the test more accessible.
    -un

“We build our computer (systems) the way we build our cities: over time, without a plan, on top of ruins” - Ellen Ullman
    I'm torn about them rolling it out to other tests, like the CISSP. Part of the brotherhood of CISSP is sweating it out in a room for 6 hours then waiting for your results for weeks. On the other hand, it does make the test more accessible.

Hey, at least you could be like, "Back in my day we had to..." icon_lol.gif

On a serious note I hope to get my SSCP before it goes digital. I just like the idea of experiencing it that way.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I don't think CBT will become the norm anytime soon. It will take a while to determine how easily the system can be compromised