Options

New Transcender Program

2»

Comments

• Options
    tschnabel99tschnabel99 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I will have to study subnets. I hate it and it shows how supid I am of the subject. I posted in the ccna forum that I was ignorant. I will study your posts though and I'm done commenting on TS.
    Hain't no thang like a chicken wang!!
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    If a client computer is sucessfully able to obtain an IP address doesn't that imply they were either:

"are able to obtain the address"
    or
    "sucessfully obtained an IP address"

sucessfully able? If they are not able to obtain an IP then they were not sucessful. If they are unsuccessful at obtaining the IP then they weren't able.

Original statement: My client was successfully able to obtain the default gateway. (similar to a practice test question)

New statement:

My client successfully obtained the default gateway.
    or
    My client was able to obtain the gateway.

This grammatical example is based on wording from Transcender but is not a direct quote or copyright infringement.

If you're that picky about grammar, you should use another product with lower quality questions, maybe they'll spend more time proofreading(even though it makes sense). It's easy enough to figure out. Not saying you couldn't figure it out, but it is what it is, and right now, it's one of the more popular and respectable products on the market, but not by you I guess. No problems for me.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    TranscenderMichaelTranscenderMichael Member Posts: 187
    Google:

Results 1 - 100 of about 19,300 for "successfully able". (0.68 seconds)

Wrong or not, looks like we're not the only ones. ;)
    TranscenderMichael (at hotmail.com)
    MCSE+I, MCDST, MCDBA, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CNE, CCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, A+
    Kaplan IT
    Powering Transcender and Self Test Software
    Served proudly, USArmy, 98C, '89-'92
  • Options
    shadown7shadown7 Member Posts: 529
    I've never had any problems with Transcender. In fact, one of my teachers @ NSCC told us to use that program to help prepare for our exams. The school themselves use the Self Test software for A+, N+, and Sec +. Also a good program. I like the hardness of the Transcender questions. I feel think they help me get the point.
  • Options
    williamwbishopwilliamwbishop Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I don't see the complaint. I have done three areas of certification using transcender, and I'll continue to use them. The things I love about transcender is that unlike some of my friends, when I sit down to the test, it's not over my head. The questions are at least as hard if not harder than the test, every time. The second thing is the explanations. I LIKE to know how I'm right or wrong, and if you read them every time, right or wrong, you'll be ready faster for your tests. I've used several other vendors, including boson. I love boson's netsim, but I can't stand their tests. The transcender's so far have been dead on for any test I have used them for, and that is what you pay the price for. If I had the extra cash right now, I'd be pre buying the CCNP stuff. I'm THAT confident of where I will be after I finish with their CCNA kit.

And truly, I've sat at least 3 microsoft tests that the questions were worded MUCH worse, had worse typos or grammatical errors, and I swear were written by someone who didn't speak english natively. When you write anything in the volume that microsoft or transcender does, you are going to have some errors. If those are the worst you found, consider yourself lucky and pat yourself on the back.

Now, if you are pursuing the microsoft certs, I would only advise one other product besides transcender(BTW, I always pass in the high 900's), and that is the measure-up. It was good, probably as good as the transcender's were, at least in content. Their front end needs work, but hey, you do with what you have.
  • Options
    TranscenderMichaelTranscenderMichael Member Posts: 187
    shadown7 wrote:
    I've never had any problems with Transcender. In fact, one of my teachers @ NSCC told us to use that program to help prepare for our exams. The school themselves use the Self Test software for A+, N+, and Sec +. Also a good program. I like the hardness of the Transcender questions. I feel think they help me get the point.

Hey, cool - didn't know you went to Nashville Tech! :) At least, that's what I assume the abbreviation is since you're in Tennessee.

Everyone: I appreciate the compliments and support. :)
    TranscenderMichael (at hotmail.com)
    MCSE+I, MCDST, MCDBA, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CNE, CCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, A+
    Kaplan IT
    Powering Transcender and Self Test Software
    Served proudly, USArmy, 98C, '89-'92
  • Options
    shadown7shadown7 Member Posts: 529
    Yep, that's Nashville Tech. :D I've been going there for around 3 years now. I know it's a two year school but I also work a full time job and I was only going part time. I've decided to speed up the process and this is my second semester full time. I'm taking 12-15 credit hours a semester to try to finish by Dec of this year. I still am working full time and I've got two kids and a wife. icon_eek.gif But, I've got a high GPA and I love what I'm doing. I think it will be worth it in the long run. I hope so anyway icon_wink.gif