Who is pursuing the CCIE in 2010?

mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
:mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I guess I'm in the mix. I'm pretty sure I was one of the ones pursuing in 09 too so we will see if it materializes this time. I have learned a ton over 09, but not concentrated towards the IE curriculum in particular. Damn work always has to get in the way!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Damn work always has to get in the way!

Isn't that always the way?:)
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

I hope to start studying for the written towards the end of 2010, but I've got a lot of other things on my plate. I'm not in any rush though, I don't do much networking at my current job, so studying for the CCIE would be purely for my own personal edification and enjoyment.
  • jason_lundejason_lunde Member Posts: 567
    I am hoping for at least a written attempt :)
  • nynyc1983nynyc1983 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm hoping to get a Voice written attempt before Q3 2010 :)
  • dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I want to hit the Security lab but I will wait until I see some people actually passing it.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    dtlokee wrote: »
    I want to hit the Security lab but I will wait until I see some people actually passing it.

Hey, welcome back. Me thinks it's been awhile since you last posted.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    dtlokee wrote: »

That is interesting. Is it the hardest one of the bunch?
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I think they just changed it, so it's new material.

Good luck everyone!
  • GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    I will be but unsure what time of year it will be. It will also depend on how much financial support work wants to give me.

I will likely try and book it for when my written expires, which I believe is the summer. How does that work again? If I took the written in July of 08, the Lab in January of 09, whens the latest I can take the lab again without taking the written again? Its is 1.5years after the first lab?
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Cisco wrote:
    Candidates must make an initial attempt of the CCIE lab exam within 18 months of passing the CCIE written exam. Candidates who do not pass must re-attempt the lab exam within 12 months of their last attempt in order for their written exam to remain valid. If a candidate does not pass the lab exam within three years, the written exam expires and must be passed again before the candidates will be allowed to schedule the lab.

Exam Information - CCIE - Cisco Systems
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    mikej412 wrote: »

Yes of course and maybe even 2011. Depends how much employer support I get I suppose. Tired of shoeing it into evenings and weekends quite frankly.
    Well that sucks, looks like I will be writing the written again

Don't think I can squeeze another attempt in by late January lol. Maybe I will aim for the written again in the spring and go from there. blah.
  • APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    Chipping away at it..... I was suppose to bean 09 attempter as well but work, uni & other pursuits have again ruled my life....

Like networker... I've learned a heap over the course of 09 so I'm on the right track...first stop is to knock over my CCIP before the end of the year and then full steam ahead on studying for the R&S especially while we have Uni break over the summer :)

It's good to be back!

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
    APA wrote: »
    Chipping away at it..... I was suppose to bean 09 attempter as well but work, uni & other pursuits have again ruled my life....

Like networker... I've learned a heap over the course of 09 so I'm on the right track...first stop is to knock over my CCIP before the end of the year and then full steam ahead on studying for the R&S especially while we have Uni break over the summer :)

It's good to be back!

Well it's good to have you back.
    GT-Rob wrote: »
    Well that sucks, looks like I will be writing the written again

Don't think I can squeeze another attempt in by late January lol. Maybe I will aim for the written again in the spring and go from there. blah.

The written has changed again. Odom and the Boson tests got me through the last one. Good luck!
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    GT-Rob wrote: »
    Don't think I can squeeze another attempt in by late January
    There are still openings for the Chicago Mobile Lab Jan 25-29 (except Thursday) -- and I'll even throw in dinner at a restaurant near O'Hare, which happens to be just down the road from the lab location. :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • mgeorgemgeorge Member Posts: 774 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My lab date is May 25th, 2010 is nothing gets in my way icon_lol.gif like procrastination or lack of motivation. haha!!
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1
    mikej412 wrote: »
    There are still openings for the Chicago Mobile Lab Jan 25-29 (except Thursday) -- and I'll even throw in dinner at a restaurant near O'Hare, which happens to be just down the road from the lab location. :D

You cover the exam bill and you have a date! haha
  • billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Waiting to see how things with my CCNP studies go and then I'm going to make a decision on what to do from there. CCIE is definitely a plan for my future studies. If everything goes good on my CCNP studies and my exams, I'll probably try to work toward the written and then start preparing for the lab. I'm about done school so that will definitely free up some extra time.
  • NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • brocbroc Member Posts: 167
    Hey guys, I'm new here :)

Planning to finish my CCSP and go for the CCIE Security in 2010 myself!
    "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.”
    broc wrote: »
    Hey guys, I'm new here :)

Planning to finish my CCSP and go for the CCIE Security in 2010 myself!

Good luck!
  • APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    Turgon wrote: »
    Well it's good to have you back.

Why thank you good sir... ;)

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Working on CCIE Wireless. Hopefully be ready for it by 3rd or 4th quarter 2010.
  • carterw65carterw65 Member Posts: 318 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm new around these parts, but I too am going for R&S in 2010. Just finishing up BSCI (failed it first go) this month and that will conclude CCNP. Then on to the R&S written. Not sure when I can do the lab. Lucky for me I have an employer who will pay for virtually everything. :D So for me it is: icon_study.gif untill complete!
    carterw65 wrote: »
    I'm new around these parts, but I too am going for R&S in 2010. Just finishing up BSCI (failed it first go) this month and that will conclude CCNP. Then on to the R&S written. Not sure when I can do the lab. Lucky for me I have an employer who will pay for virtually everything. :D So for me it is: icon_study.gif untill complete!

Good luck. Grab everything you can from your employer, but most importantly time on works time to study for the lab. Relying on evenings and weekends gets old.
  • christinochristino Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Turgon wrote: »
    Good luck. Grab everything you can from your employer, but most importantly time on works time to study for the lab. Relying on evenings and weekends gets old.

This is a tough one for me. Grabbing that time on works time. No excuses anyway.
    I eat packets, I drink packets, I sh*t packets but when I "piss out", I see frames, one part of me is a traitor and its tunnel cap was fixed by the box from San Jose!
    christino wrote: »
    This is a tough one for me. Grabbing that time on works time. No excuses anyway.

Next to impossible when contracting in my experience. Not labs anyway. A chapter of a book at lunchtime or a sneak of a practice test during the day is about it. If you are perm though with some buy in from the employer they may encourage it a bit and if you get any slacktime in a NOC job or you can manage your workload you might create a gap for some hands on practice on a remote rack now and again. I remember in the Gold rush when there were just not enough CCIE's spare to enable Cisco Partners to get Gold status many companies provided lots of time for their guys to get qualified. Today they can just buy a CCIE cheaply from overseas to fill the quota. I think C&W had guys on full pay studying flat out for months at one time and I heard of one fellow working for a small partner that talked his boss into letting him study on full pay for about a year. Rackhire, bootcamp, workbooks and exams all paid for. Took him 4 attempts to clear it. Before he cleared the exam he was reporting to a new boss and the relationship was strained. I suppose he wondered what they were paying him for. He left the company before he cleared CCIE.