Didn't Pass 70-297 today

J-DubsJ-Dubs Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
My paper said "Fail" but it wasn't a failure, I just didn't pass. This is the first test that I haven't passed and the only part that really stings is having to pay the $100 again. It was a learning experience.

The design test format is hard. I knew the material but I had a hard time ferreting out the relevant details. I hit the "5 minute warning" on the second testlet and that threw me into panic mode and I didn't recover on the rest of the exam. I rushed the remaining testlets and ended up failing. I am having a hard time strategizing for time management on this test because the Prometric software sucks big time if you want to go back to a previous question. I also had the most complicated questions and case scenario on my shortest testlet.

Oh well, we'll see how it goes next time around.
True wisdom exists in knowing that you know nothing

Comments

• NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Bummer. How close were you?

This exam format is horrible. Many people (yours truly included) like to read the questions first, then go and read the case study. I also notice they like to throw in a lot of useless info in the case study to try and throw you off. Just keep with it and you'll get it.

Transcender IT Certification Prep Training Products - Practice Exams and More helped me for this exam.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • gandalphgandalph Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    would have to agree with post above the best way to deal with this exam is to read the question fisrt then go to the case study and look for the answer this way you save a lot of time by not reading through irrelevant information
    obesa cantavit

certs: MCITP (7 and Vista),MCTS,MCSE,MCSA,MCDST,CCAI,A+,Network+,Server+
  • J-DubsJ-Dubs Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I got a 482, the irrelevent information really started to get to me after I lost my focus. I'm retaking the test Friday morning and I feel that I have a better strategy this time.
    Update - I passed it this morning with a 727!

Now off to 284 and 285

WOOT
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats! icon_cheers.gif

Make fun of Lousyana all you want. I see what the temperature's like up there ;)
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    dynamik wrote: »
    Congrats! icon_cheers.gif

Make fun of Lousyana all you want. I see what the temperature's like up there ;)

Moving down to the South is a wonderful feeling. I just laugh now when I see snow up North :D
    You know you miss it. It's just windy here anyway, no snow today. icon_razz.gif
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Congrats Jdubs! Have fun with exchange.

dude, don't even talk to that redneck traitor anymore. icon_wink.gif
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    J-Dubs wrote: »
    You know you miss it. It's just windy here anyway, no snow today. icon_razz.gif

Baton Rouge