Options

Are there multiple questions on the same topics within a domain on the CISSP?

abefromanabefroman Banned Posts: 278
Are there multiple questions on the same topics within a domain on the CISSP?

For example am I likely to get more than one question on something like Bell LaPadula, or will there only be one question on it, if any?

TIA

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    Any topic from any domain may appear in more than one item on any (ISC)2 exam. You are being tested for your understanding of the concepts in the domains, so any given topic may be used more than once. This was certainly the case on the (ISC)2 exams that I've taken.
  • Options
    j_a_s_o_nj_a_s_o_n Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Not only can the questions on the test change, but there are multiple variations of the test booklet in use at the same time, each with different questions.

Even if someone were to give you specific advice on the composition of the test (likely violating their NDA), there would be no guarantee that you would get the same set of questions when you took the test.
  • Options
    abefromanabefroman Banned Posts: 278
    j_a_s_o_n wrote: »
    Not only can the questions on the test change, but there are multiple variations of the test booklet in use at the same time, each with different questions.

Even if someone were to give you specific advice on the composition of the test (likely violating their NDA), there would be no guarantee that you would get the same set of questions when you took the test.

I'm not asking for specifics, I'm trying to get a study plan going, it will probably be at least a year before I take the test.
  • Options
    j_a_s_o_nj_a_s_o_n Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The candidate bulletin that you can download from ISC2 is a really good guideline to go by.
  • Options
    Fugazi1000Fugazi1000 Member Posts: 145
    The sheer number of questions divided by the number of domains, and possible topics within those domains in the CBoK suggests that there must be multiple questions on the same topic!

In my experience this was certainly the case.
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I have had experience where some questions I had to skip but figured out the answer due to later question being similar but worded differently.