INE CCNP BootCamp

qp81qp81 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just took a peek at INE's site(usually do from time to time) and I just saw that they are now offering a CCNP BootCamp CoD. 30% Discount with promo code OCT09. I'm looking to add this to my study material. What do you guys think?

Comments

• Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
    I saw a few minutes of the BSCI and I have watched the whole ONT video. Certainly don't expect it to be an all-in-one soup to nuts package. I did learn some interesting stuff from the few minutes of BSCI that I watched and I am sure I will learn quite a bit more throughout the rest, but it all felt like a cursory overview.

I felt the ONT video was severely lacking to be honest. I hate to speak negatively about it because I know those guys are really sharp and I really respect them, but I feel that the Train Signal videos are much better for CCNP prep (from what I have seen so far)

Possibly I had false expectations for these videos. I am trying to freshly learn the material, not get a last minute review prior to taking the exam.
  • human151human151 Member Posts: 208
    I purchaed the CCNP CoD from INE about 1 month ago. Im studying for BSCI, so I've only watched these Videos and I really like the presentation. Brian McGahan definetlely knows his stuff. There was some issue with the ONT and ISCW vids so I think they had to re record them which is why theyre not 100% up atm. I looked at the BCMSN work book (its the only one theyve released so far) and its really good and very detailed and has many labs. Its like 104 pages!!!

Overall im very happy with this purchase. INE goes over some stuff that Jeremy does not go over in his BSCI vids and goes more in depth on some other topics, and vice versa. This should not be your only material but is a good addition to anyones learning arsenal.
    Welcome to the desert of the real.

BSCI in Progress...

Cisco LAB: 1x 2509
    1X2621
    1x1721
    2x2950
    1x3550 EMI
  • qp81qp81 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thanks for the input!, I'm considering this purchase for next month once finances are in line. I'm on crazy review mode for BSCI, 4th attempt on Dec 10th. I plan on completing CCNP by June. Its very ambitious but it must be done..
  • mattsthe2mattsthe2 Member Posts: 304
    qp81 wrote: »
    I'm on crazy review mode for BSCI, 4th attempt on Dec 10th. I plan on completing CCNP by June. Its very ambitious but it must be done..

Good Job, never stop trying. There's never a fail until you give up.
    Keep going!
  • tigerplugtigerplug Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    As of today I'm CCNA so I picked up the BSCI self study guide (cisco press) and the BSCI lab portfolio.

I'm thinking about picking up the INE CCNP bootcamp but would like some feedback on it first.
  • qplayedqplayed Member Posts: 303
    mattsthe2 wrote: »
    Good Job, never stop trying. There's never a fail until you give up.
    Keep going!

This keeps me going every time I read it...

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

- George Eliot

From the last 2 attempts I learned a lot....LAB LAB LAB! IPv6 and multicast is a killer! know it!
    If you cannot express in a sentence or two what
    you intend to get across, then it is not focused
    well enough.
    —Charles Osgood, TV commentator