Passed :-)

kingpeterkingpeter Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

Please to say I passed this one yesterday. I got a score of 815 which I wasn't overly impressed with as I felt I had prepared well but a pass is a pass I suppose. I must say I didn't find it to be the easiest test of them all, if anything it was pretty tricky.

I am now looking to complete my MCSE with either the 70-297 or 70-298...any suggestions?

Thanks! icon_smile.gif

Comments

• RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats. But if you already have the 350, why not take the 298 and then Sec+ to round off the MCSE Security?
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats. But if you already have the 350, why not take the 298 and then Sec+ to round off the MCSE Security?

+1

Congrats!
  • mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! icon_cool.gif
  • EmpoweredBizTechEmpoweredBizTech Member Posts: 110
    Congrats I plan on taking this one at the end of the week and then I'm going to go with 70-298 to round out my MCSE I wasn't sure if I had wanted to take the 70-298 but since it does lend itself to both the Messaging and Security requirement I thought it best to take that if I decided to get the MCSE + S
  • kingpeterkingpeter Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks all! Yeah 298 sounds like a good choice I think! Back to the books I guess icon_smile.gif
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on passing, good luck on the 298
  • Super99Super99 Member Posts: 274
    congrats ;)
    I vote for the 70-297
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass. icon_thumright.gif

I'm going to throw my vote in for doing 70-298. Good luck with your studies!

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • jojopramosjojopramos Member Posts: 415
    congrats...start the 298 review...
  • bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Super99 wrote: »
    congrats ;)
    I vote for the 70-297

What is the advantage of taking 70-297? It only applies to +Messaging, while 70-298 counts towards Messaging and Security.

I only took 297 since it counts as a course for WGU. Once I finish 70-293 and Security+, I'll likely end up going back to take 70-298 to finish out my MCSE:Security. Either that, or I can leave it at MCSE and MCSA:Security.
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
  • kenny831kenny831 Member Posts: 266
    Ccongrats! Thats not a bad score.
  • MattMcNabbMattMcNabb Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That's a very good score. Someone once said to me that if you score really high on the exam that just means you spent too much time studying. Aim for a 700. Then you can spend the extra time on your next cert.

Kinda hard for me to do because I tend to over-prepare but the point is a solid one.
    “It is the job that is never started that takes longest to finish.”