Getting my name off the lists

wweboywweboy Member Posts: 287 ■■■□□□□□□□
So after a year of looking I've found gainful employment (yay) but now I want to get off the lists. I was though several recruiters (WASTE OF TIME) and several job sites and the like anyone have any ideas besides just getting a new e-mail address to get off the lists?

I'm using an @MSN.com e-mail address.

Thanks.

Comments

• tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Deactivate your resume on the job boards. Some recruiters though save a copy for a few months. I would just email them back and say you are already employed. A few of them will ask you to add them to your contacts which I do because you don't know what next month will bring. I applied to Dominoes corporate earlier this summer and they called me right after I started a new job. I called him back and told him this and he asked me to keep his contact information in case something changed. It cant hurt to build your network imo.
  • ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    Sounds like changing your email is your only luck on this one unless you start settings rules with people emails in outlook.

I would really suggest having two emails at all times. One for personal and one for business.

Best of luck
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If they're legitimate sites, you can unsubscribe to all those annoying lists at the bottom of the emails you receive. I've slowly but sure been receiving less crap like that.

If they're spammers, you're just confirming your email address and will receive more spam ;)
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Get a Google e-mail account if it is spam. Gmail has an excellent spam filtering system.