NAT

fuseboxfusebox Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi Everyone,

The Sybex Book for CCNA does not mention a great deal on NAT/PAT, except just explain what it is and how it theoretically works. Do other books mention how to implement it on the routers themselves??

Also if anyone has a website link to any good NAT/PAT info where they demonstrate how its implemented I'd appreciate it very much. Thanks.
Im a newbie.... please be easy on me.

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Nat Pat

Nat Pdf

Those should help somewhat....plus I'm sure someone else here will have some more links as well......
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Check out the following document at Cisco.com, including the links listed under 'requirements'. The actual configurations are more important for the BSCI CCNP exam but are good examples.
  • fuseboxfusebox Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    cool... thanks guys
    Im a newbie.... please be easy on me.
  • insicknessinsickness Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    One of the simulator configuration questions I got was to configure NAT--which I'm really pissed about. I studied NAT, but not well enough to do a full-on configuration. I failed the exam with a 775, and I felt like I was fully prepared. Sucks balls. Anyway, point is, learn NAT and learn it well, you might get a sim question on it. The above links look like pretty good references.

Eric
  • tacmantacman Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sat the single exam last Friday. Failed 730.
    2 labs - configure NAT to allow a subnet of users internet access;
    troubleshoot OSPF for a 3 site/router.

Messed them both up - If I am honest I know the concepts and the general commands but its the details that will make the difference.

I have sat the exam once before (november 2004 - 650 - not enough prep) and in my opinion this exam was a lot harder.
  • 3house3house Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello,
    You will find stuff on NAT in CCNA ICND Self study Cisco Press by Wendell Odom on Chp 8 (advanced TCP/IP topics). I have raced through it but I dont know what the NAT question really focuses on.
    CCNA CCNP MCP
  • DistractionDistraction Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Here's the link straight from the horse's mouth:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/556/12.html#topic13
    "Third-Grade Scientists Succesfully Vaporize Water"
  • xetrevxetrev Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    you will get NAT sims in the exam, i would suggest knowing NAT in and out.
  • MilkywayMilkyway Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i would suggest knowing NAT in and out

Pun intended? *wink*

--MW icon_cool.gif