Waiting is painful

PortMsaterPortMsater Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
New to this forum.
Just took my CISSP test in Dubai UAE on 17 Oct, 2009.

Waiting for the results.

Been looking at this web site for a few. From what I understand the results should be out any day now (I hope)

Like others after the test I did not have a real feel for how I did or how I scored on the test. The only thing I felt was numb when I left the room.

Hopefully soon I will be given an email to let me know either way.

Comments

• veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    PortMsater wrote: »
    New to this forum.

Waiting for the results.

Been looking at this web site for a few. From what I understand the results should be out any day now (I hope)

Like others after the test I did not have a real feel for how I did or how I scored on the test. The only thing I felt was numb when I left the room.

Welcome to TE!

If you studied hard for the test than I am sure your part of the crowd that has passed :)
  • PortMsaterPortMsater Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks, hopefully I did.
  • stoked64stoked64 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I thought for sure I failed, I've taken plenty of certifications (MCSE, CNE,CCNA, SANS GIAC, A-plus, Sec-plus and HP Professional) and was so sure I failed that I was already scheduling to take the test Dec 18. To my surprise, I passed.

Everyone on this board said that I probably passed and thought they were just seeing the glass as "half full". Oh yeah... It took 3 weeks for me to receive my email.
  • Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    Well I am in the same boat..... Waiting on results. To be honest I am not sure how I did on the test. Just waiting on the results patiently.
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
  • laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    Well I'll throw my hat in too and say the only thing I'm waiting for is confirmation that I failed. So that I can re-book it asap. I was thinking of leaving it till March, but it will probably be January.
    I am hopefully sitting my CCNA-Security exam in the next week or so with another exam hopefully before xmas.

So while technically yes I'm waiting I'm not fretting about the result I just want to move on with it lol
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
    Right now I am trying to get my MCSA done in the interm.
    Take the first test 070-290 on Friday my time.
    Scheduled for a 1 week CISSP course in November
    Holding off on the retest in Dec 20th until I get word of results.

Wanted to get the CCNA before the end of the year.
    Just finished 070-290 now onward to 070-291 so I can get my MCSA.
    Might as well do something while I am waiting.
  • kaximkaxim Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hello all,

I have been thinking of becoming an ISC2 CISSP Associate. what are the future prospects of a CISSP associate. like i am not sure if i want to do other certs as well with this so will i become something near to a big shot if i become an associate and then complete my 5yr exp and become a full CISSP and do no other certs. will i be able to earn a respectable living ? plz comment. i am a fresh grad rite now.
    kaxim wrote: »
    hello all,

I have been thinking of becoming an ISC2 CISSP Associate. what are the future prospects of a CISSP associate. like i am not sure if i want to do other certs as well with this so will i become something near to a big shot if i become an associate and then complete my 5yr exp and become a full CISSP and do no other certs. will i be able to earn a respectable living ? plz comment. i am a fresh grad rite now.

didn't you ask this already ?
    :-
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/isc-sscp-cissp/47927-thinking-jumping-into-cissp-suggestions-required.html
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
    i hear you Pm lol I've booked my CCNA-sec for thursday icon_smile.gif
    Not too sure about that.

You may want to generate a separate post that that others may comment or respond.

My knowledge comes from a very diverse background covering a wide range from physical to network.
  • kaximkaxim Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Oops, yeah i have asked it already but i was just trying to get some more comments ...
    Just got the results today.
    Missed it by that much
    Off to Bagram for some additional training and test in Dec
    Darn
    gutted for you PM, I know how you must be feeling :-/

How far off were you??

I've just published my results still have no idea how I did it but guess somone was looking out for me that day.
  • stoked64stoked64 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    PM,
    Hang in there. I'm sure now that you have taken this test you know what your in for. Give yourself a week or two off then schedule the test. I look foward to your post telling us you passed.
  • Mohamed.ZorobMohamed.Zorob Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    PortMsater wrote: »
    New to this forum.

Waiting for the results.

I might take the Feb 12 Exam in Dubai, if I decide to go for the CISSP Associate (1 year experience short icon_sad.gif ). where is the place exactly?
    Retook CISSP test in Bagram and I am waiting on the results now.

felt a lettle better this time about the test and I took my time.

Had less than 30 minutes left on the exam once I was finished with it.

Hopefully I did better this time around.
    good luck PM fingers crossed for ya icon_smile.gif
    Thanks.

the waiting is the hard part