Options

Interview Tomorrow

cb3dwacb3dwa Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all I have an interview for a network technician’s job tomorrow, wish be look.
Any advice would also be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    Smartly dressed, 15 minutes early, be honest, openly show enthusiasm for the job and fight like hell for the job.

For my current job, I won it over other equally qualified applicants just because I came across as wanting the job more than the others.
    Kam.
  • Options
    Kaminsky is correct, get there early but not too early, sit in your car if you have to until 10 -15 minutes before your arrival time. Also, go online study up on the company and when they ask if you have any questions for them have a few, it shows interest , but don't ask about pay on the first interview let them bring it up or if you move on to further interviews ask then.

BE CONFIDENT, DRESS LIKE YOU ARE THE BOSS, when I inteviewed for the job I currently have, I showed up in a suit, and I was interviewed by 4 people all VP and Director level and they all had polo's on. Now I am sitting where they are and doing the interviews and get to wear the polo icon_mrgreen.gif

BEST OF LUCK
    Go EVERTON

evertonfc-crest.gif
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Kaminsky wrote: »
    For my current job, I won it over other equally qualified applicants just because I came across as wanting the job more than the others.

Same thing with my current job. Even though I didn't have all the skills and experience the position required, they said I showed that I really wanted the job and showed genuine interest which a lot of other candidates did not.

Go in there and tell them you want it and show them you can handle it.

Good luck!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    Kaminsky wrote: »
    Smartly dressed, 15 minutes early, be honest, openly show enthusiasm for the job and fight like hell for the job.

+1 for this apart from 15mins early is TOO early aim to get in reception 5-10mins max before hand.

Be smart, be honest and answer ALL questions even the technical ones that you cant, for those answer as best you can. They are not expecting everyone to be able to answer everything, but trying to gauge where you are and how you think.
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Same thing with my current job. Even though I didn't have all the skills and experience the position required, they said I showed that I really wanted the job and showed genuine interest which a lot of other candidates did not.

Go in there and tell them you want it and show them you can handle it.

Good luck!

Good, inspiring story! I wanted to + rep you for it, but I have to spread it around...
  • Options
    cb3dwacb3dwa Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
    cheers for the advise lads,
    took a while to get a job in networking but finally all the hard wotk paid off
  • Options
    matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    cb3dwa wrote: »
    cheers for the advise lads,
    took a while to get a job in networking but finally all the hard wotk paid off

Congrats. Now go and impress the he** out of them. :)
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."