VOICE Study group

LuckycharmsLuckycharms Member Posts: 267
Any One out there Seriously studying for there IE voice want to start a study group??? it would be something like 2 or 3 times a week.. to kinda go over any questions you might have and review chapters and study plans (labs)... ???

PS... I don't want to be a jerk but I would like it if any one that did want to join at least have a CCVP level of understanding of the study material... Just so that we can all progress at the same time... icon_rolleyes.gif
The quality of a book is never equated to the number of words it contains. -- And neither should be a man by the number of certifications or degree's he has earned.

Comments

• CCIE-4-HIRECCIE-4-HIRE Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I might be interested. I'm not a CCVP yet. I do have QoS and CVOICE out of the way. I am working on the Trinet CCIE Voice Labs right now - walking through them one by one. I'll touch base after I pass the CCVP and the Express Written exams. Starting next week, most of my job is voice and I'll be expected to hit the ground running, so I'm hitting the ground this week.
    I do have my own lab.
  • LuckycharmsLuckycharms Member Posts: 267
    Sweet...
    The quality of a book is never equated to the number of words it contains. -- And neither should be a man by the number of certifications or degree's he has earned.
  • mikeeomikeeo Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    From the InternetworkExpert CCIE Blog: Voice Lab Strategy

I was doing okay until I reached the part where it said
    By now you probably have 30mins-1hour gap before the lunch break

icon_eek.gif

There was also a mention in the June 22 Voice Section entry that
    The earliest “changes” will be June/July 2009.  I wasn’t sure if it meant changes will be announced then or changes will be implemented then.

If they do announce changes in January 2009, make sure you plan for the "rush" of people trying to beat the change date. Hopefully it will be a year before they announce any changes.

I may add a Saturday morning Voice Technology lab to my study schedule -- but I'm staying focused on R&S and Security before I commit to any more labs.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • aacostaaacosta Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey Everyone - Is the study group for the CCIE Voice lab still active? I am looking for a serious study partner / group if anyone is interested. I sat for v2 twice and once for v3. PM me or you can email me at: aacosta160 (at) yahoo [dot] com
  • Dr_AtomicDr_Atomic Member Posts: 184
    I might be interested. I'm not a CCVP yet. I do have QoS and CVOICE out of the way. I am working on the Trinet CCIE Voice Labs right now - walking through them one by one. I'll touch base after I pass the CCVP and the Express Written exams. Starting next week, most of my job is voice and I'll be expected to hit the ground running, so I'm hitting the ground this week.
    I do have my own lab.

Hey, I'm just curious - as hard as it is for folks *with* a CCVP to find voice work, how did you manage to get voice work without a VP? Did you volunteer somewhere? It's just that as demanding as employers are nowadays for highly experienced voice people to staff their voice positions, that they'd take someone without any real voice experience and no voice cert is incredible. Nothing personal or anything, believe me.

I do wish you the best in this.
  • pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Dr_Atomic wrote: »
    Hey, I'm just curious - as hard as it is for folks *with* a CCVP to find voice work, how did you manage to get voice work without a VP? Did you volunteer somewhere? It's just that as demanding as employers are nowadays for highly experienced voice people to staff their voice positions, that they'd take someone without any real voice experience and no voice cert is incredible. Nothing personal or anything, believe me.

I do wish you the best in this.

That post is almost a year and a half old :)

Why would you need a VP to get voice work? Sure, it’ll help open doors, but it’s still up to the individual to prove their competence in the actual interview. There are plenty of different levels of voice work as well and honestly, they guys with the experience that command the huge bucks have skill sets that are way beyond the scope of the VP – You think those guys are the ones doing the CME installs!?!? :)
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT