Options

CBT Nuggets Streaming Subscription...

the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
Anyone did it? Wondering if it worked well as I am considering purchasing it for the CEH Nuggets....
WIP:
PHP
Kotlin
Intro to Discrete Math
Programming Languages
Work stuff

Comments

• Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    I havent done the streaming, although I cant imagine it would be much different than the CD's. When I view the free demos, the vids run just as well.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yea, check out the demos. That's the quality/features you get. The only thing I didn't like is that it looked like I couldn't take it past 1.4x play speed (usually do around 1.7x or 1.8x).

The CEH set is insanely expensive. You might as well get the annual subscription if you're going to buy those. Also, you can get a month for $200, so you could also save a ton by going that route (if you can get through them in a month).
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Yeah I was thinking of getting the month subscription to compliment all the reading I have been doing. I am basically in review mode at this point for the CEH. Thanks guys!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    motherwolfmotherwolf Member Posts: 117
    My employer pays for the nugget streaming subscription and I must say it's a nice perk. The videos are quality and the subscription allows you access to all the video topics. However, if I had to pay for it myself I probably wouldn't do it as it is a bit pricey.
  • Options
    MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Hi, I was hoping to get some people's opinion about this. Is the CBT Nuggets subscription good, or are there other online training provider that are better for about the same price? I ask because my employer is considering purchasing online training.

P.S. Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead. icon_redface.gif
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Remember that for the CEH they have only the Version 5.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I've used CBT Nuggets and Testout. I think the CBT Nuggets are generally pretty good. At least the MCSE and Powershell nuggets I've watched.

Testout is more comprehensive and comes with built-in testing software and sims which is very nice. Also the videos are broken up into smaller chunks so it's easier to stop and come back later.

I think I like the style of the CBT Nuggets videos better. The Testout ones are so dry.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    EmpoweredBizTechEmpoweredBizTech Member Posts: 110
    I have a cbtnugget subscription that I paid for out of my own pocket. I have to say it is dollar for dollar the best value in IT training. I choose cbtnuggets originally based on their demos and probably a bit more because of there selection. There are a bunch of other players out there with unlimited subscriptions but none have the depth of product offering cbtnuggets does far behind what I consider the big three of Microsoft, Cisco, and CompTIA. From programming to VMware and Citrix their selection works for me and has come in handy to quick a pinch with a new client or refresh on a topic I studied long ago.