Options

Is this CV ok to use

Hi guys I have rewritten my CV. This just a draft copy but I just wanted to get your opinion on it and see if there anything I should change.

Please note I lose some of the formatting so It does'nt look as neat
Txxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tel: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mobile: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Email: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Personal Profile
An experienced Support Analyst with excellent customer service/support skills. I am confident, focused and reliable in achieving my goals and any new challenges I’m faced with to the best of my ability.

Expertise
§2+ Years commercial experience as 1st and occasionally 2nd line helpdesk analyst
§Hardware - Dell and HP Hardware, Printers (Dot Matrix Bubblejet, Inkjet and Laser )
§Software - Mac OSX, Windows 95, 98ME, 2000, XP, Vista, Seven and 2000/2003 Server and Exchange 2003. Including MS Office plus other well known application such as Sophos Antivirus and AutoCAD. Building corporate Images using Norton Ghost.
§Networking Concepts - Hubs, Routers, Switches and Wireless Technology (WEP, WAP, SIDS and 3G) TCP/IP, UDP, OSPF, RIP, EIGRP, Spanning Tree, Frame Relay.
§Active Directory - Setting up group, users accounts and access privileges
§Asset Database - Keeping the company asset database up to date for audits and for accurate call logging
§Helpdesk – Call logging and escalating as well as complete calls within the agreed SLA
§Website Management - HTML, CSS, PHP, JavaScript, WSC Validation, Accessibility and SQL.

Achievements
§Successfully planned and deployed brand new MDF throughout the businesses at South Staffordshire Plc. This involved various meetings with the third party and the users to plan and meet their needs.
§Was elected the helpdesk representative when meetings took place to create a disaster recovery plan.
§Was responsible for the builds of the machines at South Staffordshire Plc. This involved gaining software requirements from the user and creating corporate images using Norton Ghost. As well as deploying these machines and setting up the user profile and recording software licenses.
§Completing my Hnc and was then promoted from a trainee support assistant to a support analyst

Career History
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (October 2009 to Present)
§Providing 1st Line support throughout the business such as co-op food and travel - 8400 users
§Operate an Incident Management and escalation procedure to agreed severity levels
§Basic Level Telephony System Administration
§Building the helpdesk asset database so when calls are logged hardware can be identified.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (August 2007 – September 2009)
§Providing 1st Line and on occasion 2nd Line support throughout the businesses such as South Staff Water and Integrated Water Services – 1500 users
§Support 95, NT, 2000, XP, Vista, Mac OSX, Server 2000/03 Environment
§Operate an Incident Management and escalation procedure to agreed severity levels
§Break/Fix for Networked and Standalone PC’s/Laptops and Peripherals
§Assist Project team with projects such as Roll-outs, Office Moves, Relocation
§Basic administration of Websense inc Blocking and Unblocking websites
§Troubleshoot network issues before escalating to Network Support Team
§Problem diagnosis and resolution of software faults for desktops, laptops and servers
§Identify faulty hardware and install replacement parts for desktops, laptops
§Enforcing the company policy governing the use of authorised software on users PCs and laptops
§Furnish spares provision and ‘hot swap’ capabilities to agreed locations and maintain an appropriate level of spare stock to ensure the fix time SLA’s are met
§Informal desk side training and familiarisation with standard application
§Mentoring and coaching of new 1st support staff
§Carried out XP Builds and rollouts throughout the company
§Resolved network connection issues from home users PC to the office
§Administration such as adding users, database updates and software installations

Qualifications/Training

§Working towards BSc (Hons) Open Degree (Open University 2009 – Present)
§HNC in Computer Information Systems (Sutton Coldfield Collage 2007 – 2009)
§CCNA exam to be taken late November 2009
§Attended training course for ITIL Foundation and Comptia A+
§ECDL

References

Available on request

Comments

• Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Its hard to read in my opinion but it might just be because I am looking at it on a widescreen monitor.
    p.s. I would drop the "2+ years of experience", might as well not let them know you dont have a ton of experience. I know they can figure out by the dates but no reason to make it easier for them. You probably want to slip through to somebody not paying attention to dates and just sees keywords.
  • Options
    thomas130thomas130 Member Posts: 184
    I have uploaded a copy my CV is might look a little better with the formatting.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    thomas130 wrote: »

Looks good to me Thomas. I would probably drop the Windows 95 & 98 though.
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    thomas130 wrote: »

Yeah def looks better