CWSP Official Book

Deltah_Deltah_ Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

I'm planning to update my CWNA certification with the CWSP.

I saw on Amazon that a new book will be released on Jan. 2010:

CWSP Certified Wireless Security Professional Official Study Guide: Exam PW0-204: Amazon.ca: David D. Coleman, David A. Westcott, Bryan Harkins, Shawn Jackman: Books

Do the CWSP exam will be updated soon ? If no, should I get the 2006 or 2010 edition for the current CWSP exam ?

Thank you.

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    PW0-200 is the current exam, so a refresh may be in the works. IMHO, the Sybex book was better than the official guide for the CWNA, and it looks like they're adopting the Sybex book as the official guide going forward. I guess it depends on your time line. You may want to try contacting CWNP and see if they can give you any information about the new exam. Their website doesn't seem to list anything.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    There will be a new CWSP exam released next year. The new CWSP exam number will be PW0-204. The announcement at www.cwnp.com should come around the time the new CWSP book is released, and at least 90 days before the new CWSP exam itself is released. I assume that both PW0-200 and PW0-204 will be available concurrently for a while, so it will be your choice of which CWSP exam revision to take..