Options

Software to Record Webcam

qwertyiopqwertyiop Member Posts: 725 ■■■□□□□□□□
Can anyone recommend a piece of software that would allow me to record myself and save he video to mpg, avi or flash?

Im hoping to find something that will run in Windows.

Comments

• Options
    lineline Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Active WebCam downloads - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com
    A wizard guides you through the camera setup process, after which you can send video with audio to any computer on your network that has app installed, soundless video to HTTP users, or screen caps to FTP users.
    The Tools menu lets you create a Web page with custom fonts and colors where you can post videos and stills. There's also a versatile video conversion tool to change captured video into AVI or MPEG format.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,030 Admin
    Most webcams come with free software that does recording. Check the Web site of your webcam's manufacturer. I remember using nice webcam recording software from Logitech many years ago.
  • Options
    bmwagnerbmwagner Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Camtasia Studio. Awesome software.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,030 Admin
    bmwagner wrote: »
    Camtasia Studio. Awesome software.
    At $300US it had better be awesome. But the academic price is a lot less. Here's a Camtasia Studio 6 & Snagit 9.1 academic bundle for under $100US.
  • Options
    ConnorConnor Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You can record webcam video using SkypeCap.But it's tool for record Skype audio,video,webcam video..can try this.I like it's programm.icon_study.gif
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I love Camtasia and Snagit. I wasn't planning on using Snagit, but the bundle was only a few dollars more, so I decided to pick it up. I now take a ridiculous amount of screen shots, and Snagit has been immensely useful.

Having said that, I don't think that's the best solution for this. There should be software that interacts directly with your web cam, and doesn't just record the screen.
  • Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    qwertyiop wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a piece of software that would allow me to record myself and save he video to mpg, avi or flash?

Im hoping to find something that will run in Windows.

Well for free there is Microsofts own Windows movie maker which save to wmv by default but media player classic or free ones will convert it for you.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO