Network+ Study Guide (3rd Edition)

KernelXPKernelXP Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys,

I'm thinking of studying for Network+ and I've heard that there will be 2005 objectives coming out soon, will the book Network+ Study Guide (3rd Edition) cover this exam?

Comments

• mark_pizamark_piza Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That's a good question... It mostly will as the objectives are usually similar to each other when they are changed. Some of the newer technologies will not be in the 3rd edition though, as it was published from before.

You can still use the 3rd edition, as long as you supplement it with extra resources such as the technotes on this site, which is more up to date. If you have some experience in the field, that would also help a lot. It really all depends how confident you are. If you're not confident at all, I would suggest using the latest edition study guide.

Although it may be stated on CompTIA's website that you should sit the exam as soon as possible, it may be a while yet to the actual changeover to the new objectives and exam. So if you study up quickly, you can avoid it.

Hope this helps, and good luck!! :D
  • TravlerTravler Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You can bet your bottom dollar that there is going to be a LOT of questions on the 2005 exam concerning fiber. Since this topic wasn't covered much in the old objectives, I doubt many of the currently available guides are going to have the information you'll need.

I suggest going to comptia.org and downloading the new objectives, then supplimenting whatever study guides you're using with your own Google searches.