A quick question about WGU (IT cert credit transfer)

gomcse2002gomcse2002 Member Posts: 126 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi there

I am planning to apply for the BA in IT soon. However, I have one quick question for you guys.

For the Core Information Technology section, in order to fulfill IT Fundamentals I, CIW v5 Foundations can be used to fulfill the transfer requirements. Does this mean if I already passed my CIW v5 Foundations exam, I don't need to take any course relating to IT Fundamentals I ?

Is this correct ?

Please kindly advise.
eBay Addict and IT Geek from Canada

Working on : 70-686 (Windows 7 Exam)

Comments

• bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    gomcse2002 wrote: »
    Hi there

I am planning to apply for the BA in IT soon. However, I have one quick question for you guys.

For the Core Information Technology section, in order to fulfill IT Fundamentals I, CIW v5 Foundations can be used to fulfill the transfer requirements. Does this mean if I already passed my CIW v5 Foundations exam, I don't need to take any course relating to IT Fundamentals I ?

Is this correct ?

Please kindly advise.

IT Fundamentals I = CIW v5 Foundations. If you pass the test, you get credit for the course.

IT Fundamentals II = A+ Essentials
    IT Fundamentals III = A+ IT Technician
    Networks I = Network+

I don't know if they limit the number of transfer credits allowed, but I was able to apply my MS exams (70-270/290/291/293/294/297) towards my credits.
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
  • gomcse2002gomcse2002 Member Posts: 126 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for your prompt reply.

too bad that my CIW Foundations is verson 4, so I have to re-take the exam.

For the IT Fundamentals II = MCITP Consumer (because my A+ Essentials is outdated)
    IT Fundamentals III = MCITP Enterprise support (because A+ IT Technician is outdated too)
    eBay Addict and IT Geek from Canada

Working on : 70-686 (Windows 7 Exam)
  • qwertyiopqwertyiop Member Posts: 725 ■■■□□□□□□□
    bwcarty wrote: »
    IT Fundamentals I = CIW v5 Foundations. If you pass the test, you get credit for the course.

IT Fundamentals II = A+ Essentials
    IT Fundamentals III = A+ IT Technician
    Networks I = Network+

I don't know if they limit the number of transfer credits allowed, but I was able to apply my MS exams (70-270/290/291/293/294/297) towards my credits.

They dont limit the number of credits that you can transfer. Ive heard of people transferring in there associated degree and certs and only have a few classes to take.