Help - JNCIP eBGP Case Studies

Robert_74Robert_74 Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

I am a bit puzzled here, so any feedback would be appreciated. I am currently working on JNCIP eBGP case studies and met this thing :
- send peer EBGP routes to all sites. Do not send transit provider EBGP routes to P1
- Customer receive all EBGP routes, and all sites receive customer EBGP routes

Seems to be quite simple and obvious, but then I you looked on solution provided:
<from route-filer 192.168/16 prefix-range-lenght /24-/32 reject>

How does this prefix-range ( 65412 originated routes) fit with those requirements ??

Thanks

Robert

Comments

• hoogen82hoogen82 Member Posts: 272
    Basically, they tell you not to send any internal routes to the ebgp neighbors..I think Harry does have an explanation for this in the book... By normal policy they get exported out.. You are suppose to reject these internal routes from leaking to the EBGP neighbors..
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.
  • Robert_74Robert_74 Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Not convincing. There is a definition of "transit" and "peering" routes in the chapter, as compared to locally originated.
    If I meet the same formulation on real exam, I am stuck !!
    Lol.. Have I been convincing before..?? You never seem to appreciate any help or any effort...

Anyway.. The question says..

Originate three advertisements to EBGP peers reflecting your 10/8 space, the OSPF
    router’s routes, and the OSPF subnets.

--> The above question let's you know that its not talking about the 192.168 network..

Send peer EBGP routes to all sites. Do not send transit provider routes to peers

--> Peer routes to be sent to all sites.. Routes received from Transit are not to be sent to peer.. I think this was pretty simple to decode..

Customers receive all EBGP routes, and all sites receive customer EBGP routes

--> This is also okay.. Customer routes go everywhere.. and they receive Peer and Transit...

I think the first requirement specifically tells you what IBGP routes to be export to the Peer Customer and Transit routers..
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.
  • Robert_74Robert_74 Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Dude, I do appreciate any help, especially yours since you seem to be the only person ever responding to whatever my ill-disposed mind trying to sovle.
    Sometimes you're right, sometimes not, but any effort is valuable on its own.
    As far as 192.168/22 range is concerned - You are right here. This is rather implicit requirement written between the lines of explicit ones.
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Robert_74 wrote: »
    This is rather implicit requirement written between the lines of explicit ones.

You'd best get used to thinking this way. A basic part of troubleshooting is doing what is asked and not doing what is not asked. You will be tested in this fashion on any of the lab examines extensively.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
    No worries.. Happy to help..
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.