Options

Resume Help

murdatapesmurdatapes Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
First of all Happy Thanks.

I know potential job employers want to see experience from on the job, but there is nothing I can put on my resume that I have did lab on ? I find that hard to believe that the only thing they want to see is what you have done on the job (getting paid for). A teacher of mind said put what you do in the labs in class on the resume and if asked on the interview just note it was a lab, but define what you have did and learned. I used to do that when studying for A+, Network+ and It helped out a lot. No I didn't have extensive hands on, because I learned that on the job, but I did used to put whatever I did in the labs on my resume. Lately (MCSA through MCSE) I have not done that, and I think it is hurting me when applying for jobs.

So am I right about just putting nothing on my resume as far as what I have learned through the MCSA/E labs, my own lab, or can I put something down on there? Right now I have very little.
Next up
CIW Web Foundations Associatef(Knock out some certs before WGU)
ITIL Intermediate Service Operations

Comments

• Options
    KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You can put down your technical training (as Trainee), so employee can look into as experience. If you don't have experience, then just put down the technical training and anything that you have as the past.

Most recruiter and HR is looking for people with experience. This is the nature of bad market.
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • Options
    murdatapesmurdatapes Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Kasor wrote: »
    You can put down your technical training (as Trainee), so employee can look into as experience. If you don't have experience, then just put down the technical training and anything that you have as the past.

Most recruiter and HR is looking for people with experience. This is the nature of bad market.

Got you Kasor. Yeah I was just trying to get a better a understanding what I could do.
    Next up
    CIW Web Foundations Associatef(Knock out some certs before WGU)
    ITIL Intermediate Service Operations