failed twice

oldgymoldgym Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
hey guys I just failed my second time around, the first I got a 650 and i tested with prometric. i totally blew it, i was so nervouse because each question was taking me awhile to figure out the answer and i kept looking at the time ticking down, it was anoying because the count down timer was not hidden away in the corner, no, it was big and distracting. two sims were disasterous, one on ospf and the other on eigrp, each took me over 15 mins and i finally ended up skipping it for no points. although i blew it i was surprised that the test was kinda easy, i just read ccna by tom lammle from cover to cover and that book covered it all, i knew everysingle question but just couldnt recall everything that i read.

the second time i got a 841, i tested with vue and the timer was very small i couldnt even notice it hidding in the corner (very helpful). only had one sim but three drag and drops, easy. about 30% of the questions was same ones from the first test so i was little familiar.

third time will be a charm i hope. i invested too much time and money so i need to get this cert. all i used to study is tom lammles book and the simulator that came with it, no physical hardware or experience. when i go for my ccnp i will defianatley need some equiptment, hopefully i will have a job using routers by the time i take ccnp.

thanks to this forum i learn alot from users experiences.
you guys rock!

Comments

• porengoporengo Member Posts: 343
    Sorry to hear about you failing the second time around. But don't give up now, you were just 8 points away from passing. I'm sure you'll pass it the next time. :)
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    hey it happens, i had failed the ccna 2 twice also before passing both times was with prometric back in 2002 with a 700 with no book and only online resources icon_eek.gif i passed at vue a few years later on the button..

when i got introduced to cisco back in 2002 by a good friend she let me know that failing it more than once was pretty normal icon_eek.gif
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • xetrevxetrev Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    hey i failed it last thursday, retook it the next day and passed with an 881! good luck and dont pay attention to the time!
  • oldgymoldgym Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hey guys i failed on my 3rd attempt also. something very ironic is that i got the exact same score as i did on my 2nd attempt, 841. what a bummer!!

i got 1 simulator and 3 drag and drops again, the simulator came at the end of the test and i had 20 mins left to try and nail it but i could never get router A to ping router C's E0 interface. the LAN was running ospf and i just couldnt figure it out. I guess im under Cisco Agreement not to disclose detailed content about this question, so can anyone tell me the basic requirements to get ospf running on a LAN with multiple areas?

ive noticed that the tests have had about 20% of its questions repeat so i am researching the ones i felt i missed, im taking the test tommorrow again.
  • fuseboxfusebox Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think CCNA only focusses on running OSPF on one single area.

What objective of the test are you finding tricky in the test;

is it Planning and Designing;
    Implementation & Operation;
    Troubleshooting;
    OR Technology; ??
    Im a newbie.... please be easy on me.
  • TranscenderMichaelTranscenderMichael Member Posts: 187
    oldgym wrote:
    ive noticed that the tests have had about 20% of its questions repeat so i am researching the ones i felt i missed, im taking the test tommorrow again.

According to Cisco's Web site at http://www.cisco.com/go/exampolicy/, you must wait 72 hours before retaking a failed exam or risk losing all current and future Cisco certifications.

In any case, you should study the sections where you are weak. I would also recommend that you purchase the Cisco Press book as well as a quality router simulator.

Best of luck on your next attempt!
    TranscenderMichael (at hotmail.com)
    MCSE+I, MCDST, MCDBA, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CNE, CCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, A+
    Kaplan IT
    Powering Transcender and Self Test Software
    Served proudly, USArmy, 98C, '89-'92
  • ShortCircuitShortCircuit Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    At least some of you guys are taking test again and again to see if they are still lacking on something, but here I am so nervous to take the test icon_eek.gif , as every week I think I will take the test next week but that week never comes by. I hope I will be taking it soon sometime icon_wink.gif
    At least some of you guys are taking test again and again to see if they are still lacking on something, but here I am so nervous to take the test icon_eek.gif , as every week I think I will take the test next week but that week never comes by. I hope I will be taking it soon sometime icon_wink.gif

Just do it. Never know till you try. :)
    MCSE+I, MCDST, MCDBA, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CNE, CCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, A+
    Kaplan IT
    The average after 3 trys...
    Planning and Designing; 90%
    Implementation & Operation; 85%
    Troubleshooting; 60%
    OR Technology; 65%

if i can just pass one simulator i know i can get over the hump, the simulators are part of troubleshooting category.

-I guess i will have to wait 72 hours to retake.
    Practice on routers or router simulators. That should help you a bunch.
    Kaplan IT
  • mubasherxmubasherx Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i failed bcoz of a silly thing..
    i did not know that u cant go back and cross check ur answer ..icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

can any one tell me which is the best testing service

prometric or VUE

i got 775

i study everything .. and i knew everything only the thing was wen i was confused with 2 choices i left answer blank ,,,, icon_sad.gif

i m really depressed .. bcoz i cant afford another exam .. i m financially weak

icon_sad.gif

I hope others Best luck

mubasherx@yahoo.com
    mubasherx@hotmail.com
    ~wazup~
    The Network Champs are here
    ~wazup~

<Mubasher Paracha>
    good news people, I waited the required 72 hours and took the test this afternoon and passed with an 867, SHHHHWWWWEEEEEWWWWW!!!

I am so relieved it is over and I can put this behind me. Even though it took me 4 tries over the course of 3 months to pass I told myself that I wont stop because once you get scared and stop then thats when all your studying goes to waste. true im out about 500$ but this cert will earn itself back a hundred fold.

Anybody can do this, I knew nothing about cisco 4 months ago other then they make devices like routers and switches. As a win2k sys admin I work along side the network engineer guys and they told me that they have openings but you need atleast a CCNA to apply. Well I took up todd lammles book and did lots of research on the internet and 3 months later im a CCNA.

thanks to all for your support and informative posts. i hope i can help others out too with my posts.
  • xetrevxetrev Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    good luck i am nervious now, i took the exam 24 hours later and passed. the people at the testing center said it was OK. I am hoping i get my ccna in the mail, everyday i am a nervious wreck checking the mail hoping i get a letter with my cert in it instead of some, HEY YOU CANT EVER TAKE A CISCO EXAM AGAIN. icon_evil.gif
  • porengoporengo Member Posts: 343
    Congrat, oldgym! See, it pays off never to give up. icon_thumright.gif