Options

LPIC or Linux+?

Hey, Im wondering what Certification I should go for. Linux+ or LPIC. LPIC seems like it might be a little outdated, Im not sure tho.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Gawd

Comments

• Options
    jacev1jacev1 Member Posts: 107
    As for a Linux cert, CompTIA certifications are lifetime certifications & Once a person is certified by LPI and receives an LPI designation (LPIC-1, LPIC-2), recertification is recommended every ten years from the date the first exam of the level was passed to retain an active certification status( as-per LPI's & CompTIA's website).

I've read that LPI certs hold more weight.

BTW,
    Kind of off topic, but looking at your certs, are you also studying for MCSA? All you need is to take 70-218 and you're done!
    Wars not make one great. Coffee makes one Great!
    - Master Yoda
  • Options
    GawdGawd Member Posts: 132
    ;) I guess I should. I was going to take 70-216 Next, But if im only 1 cert off of MCSA, maybe that would be a good choice to take next, would Need to pick up a book or something for it. :D Thanks for the heads up.

Gawd
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Gawd wrote:
    ;) I guess I should. I was going to take 70-216 Next, But if im only 1 cert off of MCSA, maybe that would be a good choice to take next, would Need to pick up a book or something for it. :D Thanks for the heads up.

Gawd

If you do, be sure to have Comptia notify M$ to give credit towards MCSA.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    GawdGawd Member Posts: 132
    If you do, be sure to have Comptia notify M$ to give credit towards MCSA.

Way ahead of you. :)
  • Options
    keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Just know that you still have to take 216 for MCSE but Jacev1 is right, go ahead and knock out 218 because 216 is definantly the most difficult (although 219 was no cake walk)