Server+ Scheduled for Monday

worldmac1worldmac1 Member Posts: 121 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well, I have gone and scheduled my Server+ test for Monday...I'm hoping I can get in a couple more hours of study time over the holidays. I'm making 80% or better on the practice test questions so far. Some Qs are pretty much common sense, but there are others that are kind of tricky...Any way, I'm hoping Server+ Bible for 001, Exam Cram2 for 002, and 6 years of admin work, will be enough for me. Gotta get back and learn this scsi stuff...That is my main down fall for right now.

Thanks to everyone for posting their advice and opinions on this forum, it has been a big help! Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!!

Peace!
Certs in Progress:

CCNP:Routing 300-101 15%
OIIIIIIIO

Comments

• Divine-AssaultDivine-Assault Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    worldmac1 wrote: »
    Well, I have gone and scheduled my Server+ test for Monday...I'm hoping I can get in a couple more hours of study time over the holidays. I'm making 80% or better on the practice test questions so far. Some Qs are pretty much common sense, but there are others that are kind of tricky...Any way, I'm hoping Server+ Bible for 001, Exam Cram2 for 002, and 6 years of admin work, will be enough for me. Gotta get back and learn this scsi stuff...That is my main down fall for right now.

Thanks to everyone for posting their advice and opinions on this forum, it has been a big help! Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!!

Peace!

Wow, with the resources and the experience you have I'm more than sure you will pass. I used sybex and I only had half a year of admin experience and I passed in the comfort zone. You should be fine, don't stress too much. And yes, majority of the questions are common sense and straight forward however there is a small percentage of questions that are worded weird. Anyways I hope I helped, good luck and I hope you pass.
    Currently Studying for: 70-291

Life is too precious to waste...

Check out my Blog! :D
    www.oreillybookreviews.blogspot.com
  • worldmac1worldmac1 Member Posts: 121 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks a lot Divine-Assault...I hate it when vendors try to trick you with double negative, and really wordy questions. That just seems wrong... Again,thanks for the encouragement! I'll give a shout out on how I do, and what my experience was like.
    Certs in Progress:

OIIIIIIIO
    I must say..It wasn't the hardest exam I have ever taken, but it was a bit tricky. Be sure you know SCSI, RAID, differences between SAN -NAS, Troubleshooting, Environment issues, Backups, and SATA 2 technologies. I scored an 819, and could have done better, but I was encouraged to take this exam by my employer, and they needed it completed soon.

Again, Thank you for all the support and encouragement fellas... Good luck to all of you server+ soon-to-bes.
    Certs in Progress:

OIIIIIIIO
  • Divine-AssaultDivine-Assault Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Haha, there you go. I told you you would be fine.
    Currently Studying for: 70-291

Life is too precious to waste...

Check out my Blog! :D
    www.oreillybookreviews.blogspot.com
  • TechnitoTechnito Member Posts: 152
    Congratulations. I been thinking of doing this exam sometime in the spring. I use to work in a data center and was going to do it earlier this year but I just didn't know what to expect. I'll probably do my Network+ first and then Server+. How many questions were on it, 100?
    Knowledge is being an Architect, no matter what field.....
    Thanks! There were only 80 questions, and I had about 45 minutes left when I finished the test..Good luck to you on the N+...
    Certs in Progress:

OIIIIIIIO